• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

After Earth

Mithran

First Post
Faris didn't really have time to question the wisdom behind the little drone's work, so he simply crouched behind, and steadied his shotgun on, whatever cover was most convenient.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
The doors slide open with a hiss and you are ready to confront any threat emerging from the other side. To your relief nothing comes through. There's a corridor with doors leading to other rooms and two more bodies like the one before. These too have been shot few times. You start searching through the base for anything salvageable?

At the same time aboard the 'Greed: Damon and Mel try to pass the time and discuss the possibility of a round of poker when the sensor computer blips. It seems that someone has just activeted the gate sequence. Unfortunatily you are too far away to get more knowledge yet as to who or what has come through. But whoever it is, it will have at least five minutes of flying before it reaches the station. Possibly even longer. Fortunately for you, you are within the stealth-field of the base, so if this newcomer doesn't know about the secret base there's a good chance he won't notice you.

Rhun

First Post
Damon continues to monitor the newcomer, using only the ship's passive sensors. There was no reason to give away their position by conducting an active scan. He switches on the radio. "We've just had a ship come through the gate. Unknown configuration and destination. I'm continuing to monitor."

Damon will do his best to determine any information about the ship and its destination.

Shayuri

First Post
Rhun said:
Damon continues to monitor the newcomer, using only the ship's passive sensors. There was no reason to give away their position by conducting an active scan. He switches on the radio. "We've just had a ship come through the gate. Unknown configuration and destination. I'm continuing to monitor."]

Mel sits up from the reclined position she'd tilted her seat back into and checks her own displays. Immediately she flips a few switches.

"I'm prepping for a quick dustoff," she says to Damon. "Just in case they see us and aren't happy we're here. I'll wait to kick the power up though to keep a low profile."

Raylis

First Post
Upon seeing the two bodies Michael frowns, drawing his weapon, "Cnosos, can you hack into the Personel Log of this facility and determine the number of scientests that worked here? It might be prudent to keep a body count of how many there were vs. how many of their corpses we find." he steps over the bodies and then pauses, "Faris, I intend to take one of the cadavers back to the ship for a full and thorough autopsy.

Mithran

First Post
"Great, Michael. Bag him or whatever you need to do. Cnosos, go for a map of the facility first and I'll start looking that over. Then we can go looking for salvage and a pack-mule of some kind if this ship that just came in-system is reasonable. Do not separate." Faris flips on his comm to the ship "Ok. Keep me posted on where it's going. We're staying near the entrance for now and will be on the bounce if you think it's necessary. Looks like there could be something of value in here, though, so I'd rather not leave unless we have to."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Understood" replies Cnosos, as he approaches the nearest console, and tries to hack the system to get a map of the base.

OOC: Computer use +7 (I think) I take 20... I guess I can =)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Cnosos gets the lay of the base on the console. The corridor leads to a control center and after that to the labs. Along the corridor is barracs, a mess, recreation area, and three private rooms. One for the commander of military-personnel and two for the head-scientists. He also manages to pull up personnel file which indicates that there were seven scientists working on the station, and ten soldiers stationed here.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Seven scientist and ten soldiers cap, I have the maps, and will start trying to access the camera system" Cnosos says, distracted, with his eyes focused in the console in front of him.

Remove ads