Against the Giants: Steading of the Hill Giant Chief

Inspiratorium

First Post
Deacon nods. "Sounds fair enough. I guess they certainly seem confident." He glances back at the rest of the group, giving each of them a proper looking over... now that he got a good look at him, there was something familiar about that fencer, Lucan. Deacon examines him with a curious look on his face, then shakes it off as most likely imagination.

"Anyways, I'm glad to have you here as well. Think I still owe you one from the last time we travelled."

Lucan paces the room, frustrated with the timidity of the scholar. "Why couldn't he just come out and say what he was thinking? He's come to us for help - fine. But what nonsense could he mean?"

Lucan thinks, racking his well-read mind for a memory...something purple...green...tentacles...

"Anyway, we must prepare to move out. Regardless of what this temple holds, we have giants to slay. Big, scary giants with clubs, probably."

Phaezen

First Post
Brook nods at Lucan

"I agree that the giants are our first priority, and indeed my blade calls to be bathed in the blood of our foe. But, I also think it would be wise to be aware of any other dangers we might face in our quest."

drothgery

First Post
Gwenn Arellic, human rogue(thief) 12

Perhaps what she was about to say betrayed herself as somewhat more than she claimed. An illegitimate daughter of a family whose lands barely qualified as a decent-sized farm would perhaps not speak as she, who had expected to be Margravine of Crystalmir March upon her father's death, would. Then again, most of the others seemed little aware of local politics.
"I am quite sure that if a band of enraged fools -- no matter how skilled -- charge straight at the giants, they will end up very dead. So please speak not of rightous wrath or bathing your blade in the blood of our enemies. We have work to do." She said.

Lucan grins at the outspoken young lady. "I agree with the mistress here. Fair and evenhanded words, to be sure. But then again, no skald writes tales of evenhandedness and caution." He winks at Gwenn, then turns to the party. "My companions, dare I say it? I am of the mind that we have not been brought here to bash our brains together in plotting. I say we make haste. I'm in no hurry to die, but swiftness and boldness, tempered by enough clever application of strength, will perhaps lend us the upper hand." The half-elf smiles, finally feeling as if he's ready to face what challenges await.

Walking Dad

First Post
Aelar of the Feywood

"In that case I'm glad we are not "a band of enraged fools'. But if we wait to long so much what could have been saved will already be destroyed. We don't have to understand them. We have to stop them!" Aelar remarks.

OOC: May I do a nature monster knowledge check on giants or do they lack a natural origin?

drothgery

First Post
Gwenn Arellic, human rogue(thief) 12

"I think you misunderstand me." Gwenn said. "I am well aware of the need to move quickly -- my friends and family are very much in the giants' path. I was simply suggesting that we need to be careful not to let our emotions guide us into actions that are immediately satisfying, but tactically unwise. I very much doubt once you see me with my blade drawn in earnest, you will ever suggest I am overly cautious again."
She was, after all, a master of an extremely agressive style of swordplay.

Inspiratorium

First Post
"Perhaps," Deacon interjects, rejoining the conversation, "It might be best to discuss these things with our host? I'm sure you're all very capable, or he wouldn'ta summoned you, and I doubt that any of us are planning to charge right at the giants," he says, stepping in to the circle of adventurers. He gives Lucan one more odd look (there was something familiar about that debonair attitude of his) before speaking up again. "I'm beginning to wonder how many others he invited. A few more and it'll be a small army," he notes with a wry smile.

Scotley

Hero
"Yes, I've fought these Giants enough not to be rash. I've lost good friends to them. Let us speak with our host and find out what exactly our mission is so we can make plans accordingly."

Remove ads