• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's The Sunless Citadel (Recruiting Ended)

Moonlit_Wolf

First Post
mfrench said:
I'm still deciding between Knight and Paladin, and I'm also evaluating whether or not I'll have the time to play in the game without crapping out eventually. I have a strong desire to not start any game I won't be able to finish, so my suggestion would be to make the barbarian in a way that is comfortable to you and airwalkrr. If he's Chaotic Evil, I'd probably post a Knight, and I might need to just be an Alternate.
hm, alright then. Still waiting on airwalkrr's permission though, heh

oh, and to Voda Vosa, are you doing it right? 0.o. There's a rather user-friendly linking tool in the top of the message box (it's not in the quick reply window though), all you need to do is copy-paste the URL that shows your rolls o.o

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Wolf, I'm using 4d6 drop lowest. You can re-roll your scores if you want, but for 3d6, you actually didn't wind up with a very bad set! It's your choice. Also, if you want to lower one of your character's ability scores by 2, there is a flaw in Unearthed Arcana that lets you do so in exchange for a bonus feat, but you only qualify for it if your character's net modifiers are +8 or less. The current set you rolled would qualify you, although if you choose the 4d6 route, you might end up with a better set that is not eligible. Of course, there is nothing wrong with having a character of average Intelligence and just playing him as being a bit slow or not much of a proactive thinker. There are different types of intelligence obviously. An evil alignment is fine as long as the players can agree on a method to handle it. I can also fill you in on any adjustments from Unearthed Arcana that affect your character. The main ones will be the way I do armor and the defense bonus.

Voda Vosa, I saw you had already rolled a few stats. I'm not sure why you had trouble linking them. But I rolled a new set for you. Use this.

Legildur

First Post
airwalkrr said:
Voda Vosa, I saw you had already rolled a few stats. I'm not sure why you had trouble linking them. But I rolled a new set for you. Use this.
I also had trouble with saving my scores on Invisible Castle. Not sure if it was the same problem that Voda Vosa had.

Edit: But here is the link: stats roll

Last edited:

Moonlit_Wolf

First Post
Hm, I think that I'll keep the current scores I have. That flaw you mentioned by the way, how many times can it be taken? I'll assume only once, since that seems logical, heh.

In that case, I think that this is the skinny on my character:

Thugg, Half orc, Barbarian lvl1, Chaotic Evil
Str-19 (17 + 2 racial bonus)
Dex-11
Con-13
Int-4 (8 - 2 racial penalty - 2 flaw)
Wis-10
Cha-7 (9 - 2 racial penalty)

Equipment will probably be standard for a starting barbarian, his skill points will likely all be sunk into intimidate, and I haven't decided on his feats yet (two, since he took that flaw). I might switch the strength and constitution to make him a better tank, haven't decided yet.

Also, just to surmise, it looks like the party so far will be this:

OnlytheStrong- Human, Swordsage, CG
A Passing Maniac- Gnome, Archivist, ??
mfrench- human(?), Knight (or paladin), LG (I assume)
Voda Vosa- Dryad(?), Warlock, CG
Legildur- ??, rogue, ??
me- half orc, Barbarian, CE(or CN if there's a paladin)

Last edited:

A Passing Maniac

First Post
I am afraid I must withdraw my application for this game; I was rather looking forward to it, but I was informed last night of a rather unfortunate personal emergency which will make playing in a game in the next few weeks, and perhaps beyond, very difficult. My apologies.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Here is the current list of players:

mfrench, paladin of Elishar or knight
OnlytheStrong, human swordsage
Graybeard, wizard
Legildur, rogue
Voda Vosa, warlock
Moonlit Wolf, half-orc barbarian

I am still waiting on character sheets from everyone except OnlytheStrong. However, I approve of all your character concepts. You have a fairly balanced group although there will be a lack of healing. Make sure to stock up on potions when you can. I am going to go ahead and get the IC thread up. We will roleplay and do character introductions and such until everyone gets their character sheets ready.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Someone familiar with Swordsage help me out here. I see that people are rolling for their manuevers, but can't find in the book where it says anything about it. So....... basically any information would be great.

Redclaw

First Post
Only crusaders need to roll for maneuvers. Swordsages pick theirs at the beginning of the day, sort of like a wizard or a cleric memorizing spells. The difference is that you have access to your selected maneuvers at the beginning of each encounter, until you use them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads