Amazon.com is screwing me!

smathis

First Post
Depending on your group and your cashflow, you might consider picking up a second copy of the PHB on the release date from a FLGS.

In my experience, it never hurts to have an extra PHB to pass around the table. If I had a more regular group going, it's what I'd do.

But I have KotS to tide me over for now. At least I'm getting a good 3-4 weeks out of that $30.

For the record, my books are shipping on the 10th too.

And I agree. It's totally lame.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
For me, the current co.uk estimate is 6th - 9th. But bear in mind that (in my experience), amazon shipping dates are always a bit conservative - usually they say 2-3 days for shipping, but good postal service can easily cut 1 - 2 days.

But I dunno jack about the reliability of the US postal system, my experiences are based on the UK and German postal service - where you usually pop in a letter before 5pm and get it to the recipient one day later. Plus 1-2 days if cross-border (i.e. UK <-> Germany).

But if the local US post is as good as the post here, you have good chances to get it on Saturday (7th) or Monday (9th).

Cheers, LT

william_nova

Explorer
SDOgre said:
It didn't dawn on me until I looked again after hearing about people getting their books. Even thought I preordered my books 2 months ago, Amazon.com says the estimated ship date is June 10th! June 10th? 3 days after release they'll start shipping my books?

Ahhhhh. Help! What should I do??

My estimated delivery date is June 10.

Are you sure it's the ship date you are looking at?

As others have said here, Amazon often ships earlier than they say they will. My KotS shipped like 2 days early and was in my hands on the same day it came out in retail stores.

And self burnination is certainly a fine second option. Consummate V's!

Cirex

First Post
Mine says :

Delivery estimate: June 18, 2008 - June 30, 2008
Shipping estimate: June 6, 2008

* 1 of: Dungeons and Dragons Core Rulebook Gift Set, 4th Edition [Box set]

So consider yourself lucky!

EDIT : Was the price reduced by any chance? I made the conversion, and it's sitting at 43€. I swear it was 48€ in May.

Last edited:

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
Keenath said:
I preordered mine at the FLGS. I got a discount somewhat smaller than Amazon's, but I'm supporting the shop and I'll get them on release day.
Me too.

And because I'm DMing for them on WWDNDGD, they were willing to sell them to me early since I will be out of town on release day. However, I will be out of town for too long for that to be feasible. So I'll have some crazy prep on Saturday morning.

Meladorn

First Post
Cirex said:
So consider yourself lucky!

I can do better!

Order Date: May 9, 2008

Delivery estimate: July 2, 2008 - July 23, 2008
Shipping estimate: June 6, 2008

* 1 of: Dungeons and Dragons Core Rulebook Gift Set, 4th Edition [Box set]

I live in Australia!

It must be coming via the slow boat to china

Green Knight

First Post
The estimated delivery date on my order is the 9th. I REALLY hope they ship two days earlier, so that I can get it on friday. I want to have them for Worldwide D&D Gameday. But if not, then I'll buy a spare PHB from the game store.

Stomphoof

First Post
I chose 2 day shipping so my estimated delivery date is the 10th.

I can wait. I am basically paying $70 bucks for something that I would spend $110 for (105 + my local sales tax) around here.

Remove ads