Amazon shipped my books

Cirex

First Post
Mercurius said:
Here's something to worry about if you ordered the gift set from Amazon.com: What if they didn't get enough and are delaying later pre-orders until they get more from the printers/distributors? Isn't it possible that they underestimated sales?

I'd like to hear if and when anyone who ordered with Super Saver shipping gets their gift set, and then I shall rest at ease ;)

I'm worried that could be the case.

Mine still says "Estimated shipping : 6th June".

Gregor

First Post
evildm said:
Oh, I hope they send mine tomorrow. I live pretty close to the Ontario distribution centre, so it only takes a day, typically, to get my delivery. That'd be so awesome! It's still estimating the 10th, though, so it's not the end of the world if they don't ship tomorrow... I guess.

"30 seconds? But I want it NOOOOWWWW!"

I see we live in the same city! Out of curiosity, where is said distribution centre?

My amazon estimate is also June 10th.

pedr

Explorer
Mercurius said:
Here's something to worry about if you ordered the gift set from Amazon.com: What if they didn't get enough and are delaying later pre-orders until they get more from the printers/distributors? Isn't it possible that they underestimated sales?

I'd like to hear if and when anyone who ordered with Super Saver shipping gets their gift set, and then I shall rest at ease ;)
Amazon.co.uk appears to have that problem. The individual books are available for purchase (rather than pre-order) today. The gift set still shows pre-order. I cancelled my gift-set order and ordered the books separately, and they have now been shipped, while the gift set is still not available.

HyannisRPGER

Banned
Banned
I ordered the gift set back in March. I did the one day shipping. Still saying shipping on June 6, delivery the 9th, due to weekend.

nerfherder

Explorer
pedr said:
Amazon.co.uk appears to have that problem. The individual books are available for purchase (rather than pre-order) today. The gift set still shows pre-order. I cancelled my gift-set order and ordered the books separately, and they have now been shipped, while the gift set is still not available.
My gift set was shipped today. Expected delivery tomorrow (1st class post).

Cirex

First Post
malraux said:
I wonder if someone screwed up the projected need for the gift sets. That would kinda suck.

If Monday morning my preorder still says "Not yet shipped" I will send an e-mail.

Mercurius

Legend
Amazon.com US seems pretty consistent, with no real changes in shipping dates.

I did just "splurge" and pay $4 more for standard shipping rather than super saver. Now the strange thing is that while the shipping date isn't that far off, June 6th for standard and 10th for super saver, the "estimated delivery" varies greatly: 11th-13th and 17th-23rd. Given that I am moving house on the 19th, I don't want to risk not getting my books in time; however, my experience has been that I tend to get books within a couple days of the shipping date, whether standard or super saver.

My sense is that the main difference between the two is not method of shipping--I'm guessing they don't do "media mail" for super saver--but more a matter of priority. To put it another way, super saver might take the same time to get here, it is just less likely to do so.

Last edited:

Remove ads