• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anti-LotR

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Let's see, a couple random thoughts...

The weapons on Weathertop: Weathertop was a waystation for the Rangers. Maybe they kept a few swords there as backup?

The stair scene: I think the fundamental point there is that Gimli was not a team player and nearly doomed the Fellowship's quest. If he'd let himself get thrown, Aragorn could have gotten Frodo and himself over, but oh, no, Mr. Stubborn-Stupid Dwarf can't do that.

Missing things: in the Extended Version, I would have rather had Celeborn start ranting at Gimli for causing Gandalf's death (or Frodo, for choosing the Moria road), and let Galadriel intercede. That's what sets up Gimli's devotion to her--more than just a pretty face, but a beautiful, compassionate soul.

The first two times I saw Galadriel's transformation, I didn't like it so much. Now I like it more. Then again, as any professional musician nows, familiarity breeds acceptance. Maybe I've just fallen to the artistic marketer's trick.

Remove ads