• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone got IKWG or Talislanta D20 yet?

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Maybe its because I work as technical writer and editor for a software company. I can spot a misplaced comma a mile away.

Now that I have said that, don't go examining my posts for errors. ;) I'm sure you'll find plenty since I just bust out a bunch of text and hit submit without carefully revewing it at all. Unlike at work, where everything gets reviewed a bajillion times before customers see it.

Bobitron

Explorer
Dragonblade said:
Maybe its because I work as technical writer and editor for a software company. I can spot a misplaced comma a mile away.

Now that I have said that, don't go examining my posts for errors. ;) I'm sure you'll find plenty since I just bust out a bunch of text and hit submit without carefully revewing it at all. Unlike at work, where everything gets reviewed a bajillion times before customers see it.

Ahh. I gotcha. For a person like you with such a fine eye, for, technical details (haha, just kidding), that must make the book pretty annoying.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I should have my copy of the IKWG in today. Even if there are some editing and spelling errors, as long as the material is good, I won't really care all that much. Don't get me wrong, it'll be annoying, but I doubt I'll notice it as much as Dragonblade!

I'm still waiting for confirmation that my copy of Talislanta D20 is on the way. It was supposed to be shipping last week or the week before, but I haven't heard of anyone finding it in stores yet.

Kane

MrFilthyIke

First Post
ah, two books with a soft spot in my heart. :)

I know IKWG is enroute, but anyone seen Tald20? That's my really interest.
I loves me some Talislanta something fierce!! :p

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Don't get me wrong, the content is great. It's just that there are spelling errors that a spell checker would have caught had they used one. I can't believe that they wouldn't have taken the time to even spell check their work. Even the best editor can miss stuff that a computer will catch.

I'm in the middle of an IK campaign and my DM and everyone else in the group has the book, so it's not like I'm missing out if I don't run out and buy a copy.

JEL

First Post
I picked up the Talislanta D20 book today and it looks pretty good. Of course, seeing my name in the credits page was kinda cool too...

JoeGKushner

First Post
I was just at Games Plus yesterday and they're usually pretty hip with new releases but they didn't have it. (Unless it was in one of the many unopened boxes...)

JEL

First Post
Kanegrundar said:
That's excellent. Was it your writer's copy, or did you get at a LGS?

Kane

I wasn't the writer, but I got a credit as a contributer. I bought it at the FSLCBS (Freindly Semi-Local Comic Book Shop). They said they had just gotten it the day before.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I just got my copy of IKWG in tonight. I haven't had a lot of time to check it out yet, but it's a monster. This may end up being the most detailed setting book put out since the FRCS, and it'll likely even surpass that. I've read most of chapter 1, and so far I'm loving it. I'm even gettig a new sig thanks to it!

I'm still waiting on my copy of Talislanta. Maybe it will get here by Saturday...

Kane

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads