• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone got IKWG or Talislanta D20 yet?

Kanegrundar

Explorer
Wycen said:
The Batreans are mentioned in one paragraph, but no stats that I can see yet.
They didn't make the cut. However, it sounds like if Talislanta D20 sells well enough, we could see more sourcebooks that add some of the races left out. While Tal D20 isn't the best book I've picked up, it's still pretty decent and I look forward to more for the setting.

Kane

JoeGKushner

First Post
Kanegrundar said:
That right. Plus they get a +8 bouns to Strength, but only a -2 penalty to Dex and a -4 penalty to Charisma. They are Large sized and also have a base speed of 40 feet. Kinda tough for an ECL +0 race. Granted they didn't add ECL's for any of the races (not a problem except for 3-4 of them). Races in the bestiary did get an ECL however.

Kane

Well, how does a Thrall, a ECL +0 race, compare with say, an Orc, another ECL +0 race, in terms of abilities and penalities?

Kanegrundar

Explorer
JoeGKushner said:
Well, how does a Thrall, a ECL +0 race, compare with say, an Orc, another ECL +0 race, in terms of abilities and penalities?
I'm at work right now, so hopefully someone will get to your question before I get home this evening. I don't really remember right offhand, but I think they were either on par with Orcs, or a little better. One thing you have to consider with the races for Talislanta is that they had a blurb talking about how balancing all of the races to be impossible, but then they give ECL's to monsters in the bestiary. I don't think it would have been too difficult at all to do the same thing for the races. I know that I'm going to add ECL's to a couple of them for certain.

Kane

Neo

Explorer
Kanegrundar said:
That right. Plus they get a +8 bouns to Strength, but only a -2 penalty to Dex and a -4 penalty to Charisma. They are Large sized and also have a base speed of 40 feet. Kinda tough for an ECL +0 race. Granted they didn't add ECL's for any of the races (not a problem except for 3-4 of them). Races in the bestiary did get an ECL however.

Kane

The Unbalanced Stat factor alone is a +1 ECL including aspect. The Large size and the 40ft base move (actually what it should be for a large biped) is not an ECL affecting aspect though.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Neo said:
The Unbalanced Stat factor alone is a +1 ECL including aspect. The Large size and the 40ft base move (actually what it should be for a large biped) is not an ECL affecting aspect though.

Add in the 24 hit points starting regardless of class and you've got at least another +1 ELC. The Large size though... if it gives 10' reach, is probably worth another +1 so this sucker should probably be a starting LA +3.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
Neo said:
I didn't think speed was big factor, but I thought that anything above Medium size was. Either way I would put at least a +1 LA on the Kharkaran Giants, and if I left the +24 hit point rule in, I would add a +2 LA (total) or I would just change it to a monster class in which they have to get a level of Giant monster class before taking character class levels.

Kane

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads