• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone got IKWG or Talislanta D20 yet?

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I got my copy of Talislanta D20 today. There is a lot of information in here, but I would have liked just a bit more setting info, maybe taking the monsters out and putting them into a Talislanta D20 Bestiary would have been better. Some of the mechanics are suspect IMO, but nothing that so broken that it's unusable without a massive overhaul. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I hope that it sells well enough to warrant more books in the series.

Kane

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
I got the world guide this weekend for Iron Kingdoms. Thanks to watching the NCAA basketball tourney, I have not had as much time as I would have liked to read it but it looks really slick. Since I actually started a campaign in IK a month ago, I REALLY needed this.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Kanegrundar said:
I got my copy of Talislanta D20 today. There is a lot of information in here, but I would have liked just a bit more setting info, maybe taking the monsters out and putting them into a Talislanta D20 Bestiary would have been better. Some of the mechanics are suspect IMO, but nothing that so broken that it's unusable without a massive overhaul. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I hope that it sells well enough to warrant more books in the series.

Kane

Tell me about the Krakarian Giant. One of my friends was saying that they get like 24 hits points at first level regardless of Class.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Man, I'm digging IKWG. There's a campaign idea on EVERY frickin' page of this monster. It's awesome. This is a great book.

I saw a couple of typos, but nothing that interfered with communication. I certainly wouldn't characterize them as "major".

I MIGHT say the art isn't quite up to IK standards, but those standards are so stupidly high already that it's still better art than any non-IK book I've ever purchased.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
JoeGKushner said:
Tell me about the Krakarian Giant. One of my friends was saying that they get like 24 hits points at first level regardless of Class.

That right. Plus they get a +8 bouns to Strength, but only a -2 penalty to Dex and a -4 penalty to Charisma. They are Large sized and also have a base speed of 40 feet. Kinda tough for an ECL +0 race. Granted they didn't add ECL's for any of the races (not a problem except for 3-4 of them). Races in the bestiary did get an ECL however.

Kane

Last edited:

Wycen

Explorer
I got my copy of Talislanta d20 yesterday. Didn't have much time to read through it since I picked it up from a friend who owns a game store while over at his place for our Sunday game. What was the name of that race where the women were all HAWT HAWT HAWT and the men were brutish cavemen? My memory is failing me.

JEL

First Post
Wycen said:
I got my copy of Talislanta d20 yesterday. Didn't have much time to read through it since I picked it up from a friend who owns a game store while over at his place for our Sunday game. What was the name of that race where the women were all HAWT HAWT HAWT and the men were brutish cavemen? My memory is failing me.

Batreans

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads