D&D General Are you jumping ship? What will you be switching to?

What system will you switch to?

• Pathfinder

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • Fantasy AGE

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • The One Ring

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Dungeon World/PbtA

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • FATE

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Cortex

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Genesys

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Cypher

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 100 70.4%
  • SotDL/SotWW

Votes: 12 8.5%

SAVeira

Adventurer
No plans to jump ship. Already play multiple systems. No need to abandon my current D&D game. That would very much a throwing the baby out with the bathwater situation.

HaroldTheHobbit

Adventurer
You can't go wrong with Masks. Which version are you using? They came out with a truly massive, massive expansion version of Masks a few years ago. If interested, you can read the recap on my blog here:

This is the new revised edition. I would use this one if I ran it again, but I don't have time to invest a couple years into the same story, so I would personally go with Serpent for Pulp Cthulhu.

I have the recent slipcased version of Masks (amazing product!) and will run it for my players starting sometime during 2024.

The only WotC product I would have considered buying in the foreseeable future is a new Dark Sun book. Even then I'd most likely port it to another system.

I genuinely wonder if we're going to hit a point where playing 5e/OneD&D/etc. is stigmatized. Not just by long-time haters like me, but by a bigger portion of the hobby. Once certain brands become toxic enough (Big Tobacco, Facebook, etc) they never really recover. They can still make money, for sure, but not like they used to.

Bupp

Adventurer
I currently think I'll be jumping ship, though I'm currently in "wait and see" mode.

I'm curious about what MCDM and Kobold Press have in store (love the balls of them calling it Project Black Flag).

Since I like some genre bending in my D&D, I'm currently looking at Worlds Without Number and Dungeon World (for that Powered by the Apocalypse flavor).

Hillarious to me are the people who are abandoning D&D to play a game that only exists because of the OGL license. Whether you CHOOSE not to purchase new D&D books, or CAN'T purchase new Pathfinder/DCC/OSE books, you're gonna be reliant on your ingenuity to expand the game.
And the problem with that is?

OK, I'm an old-timer, who started playing in 1979. But the concept of DMs who need published adventures is a bit surprising to me.

Vaalingrade

Legend
Man, it sure is weird people are choosing to support a thing that's being assailed in protest against the assailants. Just an absolute kneeslapper. Move over Cedric the Entertainer, the basic concept of protest is the new king of comedy.

Grunadler

Explorer
My Cypher System library takes up most of my gaming shelves. My 5e game running over 2yrs will continue (we don't use DDB) and it is a Homebrew. Most of my 5e library is actually 3rd party books. Looking forward to Mothership, as well.

Remove ads