• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you mean to your computer?

Del

First Post
I swear this thing has been turned on for most of a year. Are you a harsh taskmaster to your terminal? If my computer was a donkey I'd be in jail.

frankthedm

First Post
I am brutal to my own PC and a hazard to any other given the rediculously high chance my registry-wrecked PC has a case or ten of worms. Nortons gave up on this infected P.O.S. over a year back due to a mangled start up reg., which of course was all my fault. An electronic mount of Kyuss ready to start a digital age of worms. :lol:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
All I ask of my computer is for Windows XP to be running smoothly, for it to be virus free, have MS Word function within normal parameters and to have a clean wireless internet signal. I've got two out of four. The two I need the most to keepme sane are on the fritz currently. The only thing I am harsh on is my wireless adapter, but not as much as one would think. All it gets is tapping against the desk when it isn't working properly.

It seems though, that once or twice a month my adapter goes out for three or four days, likey the days I need it the most. :mad:

Eternalknight

First Post
My PC is almost two years old, and it has hardly ever been turned off during that time. It's two hard drives have only been defragged a couple of times, and never has it been formatted since I got it.

The PC is virus free though, and has only had a couple of virii during that whole time, to which I am thankful.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Del said:
I swear this thing has been turned on for most of a year. Are you a harsh taskmaster to your terminal? If my computer was a donkey I'd be in jail.

Welcome to my .sig, Del. ;)

Bront

The man with the probe
I reboot mine occasionaly, 2-3 times a month, but other than that, it's generaly on, and kicking around things like Seti. I did give it a nice new LCD though, so I guess that could count as being nice.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Mine's on often, though not at night. I only have a laptop and it's fan isn't the greatest. I can't stand the glow of the screen when trying to sleep and if I close it, it overheats and I'm worried about how much damage overheating it for 8 hours everyday could cause. But beyond the usage, I treat it nice and am fairly careful with it. Only has a couple of minor scratches. It should like me. ;)

RedWick

First Post
My computer is 8+ years old. It has so many ideosyncracies that I wonder if it hasn't developed some kind of low level intelligence and/or self awareness. I like to think of it as a sort of the Millenium Falcon (lots of little trivial things don't work, but it always works when and where it matters), though I *am* eagerly awaiting the arrival of a new computer sometime within in the next 30 days or so.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
When it does something really good I tell it 'good job computer'.
When it does something really bad I generally curse at it.

I run a virus scan every day and defrag once a month so I maintain it pretty well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads