D&D 5E Artificer Artillerist / Hexblade Warlock Best Arcane Sniper?

ECMO3

Hero
Yeah I’ll take a look again at those, but my gut reaction is that they will take too many levels to really do what they’re there to do, compared to Evocation. Illusion is very interesting. Conjuration is as well, tbh. Well, from memory. But artificers are good at concentration saves which is the one big weakness of summoning.
I did not say conjuration, I think you confused that with transmutation. The relevant abilities all come on at 2nd level. Hypnotic Gaze is an at will 2nd level ability and assuming you max intelligence this will mean many enemies will have a hard time saving. You could incapacitate a BBEG for an entire battle while you and your allies chop him down as long as he keeps failing the save and your allies don't screw it up he can't do anything.

Taking away enemy actions is super strong, especially when you can do it and still deal damage yourself.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I did not say conjuration, I think you confused that with transmutation.
I didn’t say that you did?
The relevant abilities all come on at 2nd level. Hypnotic Gaze is an at will 2nd level ability and assuming you max intelligence this will mean many enemies will have a hard time saving. You could incapacitate a BBEG for an entire battle while you and your allies chop him down as long as he keeps failing the save and your allies don't screw it up he can't do anything.
Legendary Saves. Also, most DMs I know use a mix of enemies with all the saves.
Taking away enemy actions is super strong, especially when you can do it and still deal damage yourself.
Yes, I am aware that action denial is powerful. I find it’s usually best to assume that everyone in the discussion has basic system mastery, at least.

If action denial isn’t what the concept is about, it being strong isn’t relevant.

Remove ads