[AU] Lost Dreams

Malarky

First Post
Malarky, faen akashic

"Begging the lord's pardon," Malarky's voice is soft, measured. "I for one have no interest in becoming a mercenary. That being said, I am intrigued by the second choice you offered - I could see becoming an associate mutually beneficial. The terms are agreeable enough."

He inclines his head, letting red hair dangle like a curtain. He wouldn't mind a night of rest of course, but the longer they wait the more the creatures' trail will cool...

Zhure

First Post
Vand, Human, Mindwitch

"Salvage sounds like a great thing, but I can't join an order I know so little of," Vand says. "I might be willing to sign as a mercenary at least for now, just to get a feel of the organization."

GPEKO

First Post
Yajarn, Mojh warmain

"My friend Vand spoke wisely, so I'll echo his speech. I'm also not ready to join your organization. I'll sign your mercenary contract though."

OOC: if I understand correctly that's 28 gp (1 every day plus 14 at the end) for a succesful 2 weeks, plus hazard pay. Right ?

Raikes

First Post
Finn Redtip

The little spryte thinks a moment, finally saying, "This isn't a blood oath or anything is it? If we join as associates, but then find that we cannot in good conscience support your goals, we can leave peacably, right? Not that it seems likely that such would happen, but I like to be careful with my oaths."

Finn looks at the knight steadily, not in the least shy about asking this particular question, hopefully showing that he may not be the flighty youngster he seems.

Erekose13

Explorer
Sir Trynn watches as Vand and Yajarn sign the contracts, answering Finn's question, "No no, no blood oath required. A small ceremony is all, as an associate you just have to say that you will uphold our ideals - peace and justice for those who need our help. Then agree to help us when we call upon you. We havent had a general call for our associates in decades. Things have been nice and quiet for the most part here in the far reaches of the Diamond Throne." The last he says with a little pause, before continuing. "I can get another couple of members into the office and swear the two of you in right now if you like. Once sworn in you can come to us if you are in trouble or in need of work."

[ooc: GPEKO: yup thats the deal. given that you are going after scrigs there will be hazard pay.]

Malarky

First Post
Malarky, loresong akashic

Malarky watches as the others sign contracts. Peculiar, not to trust an organization enough to join as an associate, but enough to willingly become its mercenaries. Ah, it was the same to him, really - he'd heard enough of the Order around town to smile quietly at Finn's questions. Smart sprite, well researching what he got into. As for him... it wouldn't hurt, affiliation to the Order just as he was to the Akashic Guild. Enough freedom to move about and succor should he need it. As for sharing unusual items that they came across, that sounded vastly more intriguing and potentially profitable.
"I for one, would be thankful to be sworn in soon, Sir Trynn. I think the longer we wait to pursue these creatures, the farther from our grasp they slip."

Zhure

First Post
Vand, Human, Mindwitch

"Any pay is good pay, Yajarn... maybe we'll like the organization enough to enroll as members in a few months or something. Until then, we get to eat," Vand says with a grin.

GPEKO

First Post
Yajarn

Yajarn's head rises up after writing his name on the mercenary contract. He winces as the pain returns to his arrow wound but he manages to regain his composure and remains stoic. "Perhaps you will, Vand, but I don't think I will. But you're right, as usual. The important thing his that we've find some work." He turns toward his new employer. "Sir Trynn, what are we to do exactly ? Do you want us to simply follow and protect Sir Lornem ? Or are we to play a more 'active' role against those scrigs ?"

Raikes

First Post
Finn

Hearing that the title of "associate" means exactly that, Finn looks pleased. "Now that I understand, I'll be glad to be sworn in alongside my faen friend." he says, with a deliberate tone.

When he sees Yajarn wincing, he studies the big fellow a moment and offers, "If you like, I could heal that wound for you. It looks painful."

GPEKO

First Post
Yajarn, mojh warmain

"It is indeed painful, winged non-mojh, but I can withstand it. I'm not in dire need of your healing nor will I ask it of you but if you offer it freely, I won't refuse."

OOC: I guess this is Yajarn's way of saying: yes, I'd like that very much :D.

Last edited:

Remove ads