[AU] Lost Dreams

Raikes

First Post
Finn

*Yay. Someone who is polite about wanting healing. I do so dislike presumptuous folks.*

Without a word, Finn flits over and expends the second of his daily Infuse with Life charges. His hands glow green for a moment, and a deep soothing sense of rightness permeates the formerly painful wound on the Mojh.

"One of the small gifts of the Green. Glad to help." says Finn, flitting back to his seat-perch.

Zhure

First Post
Vand, Human, Mindwitch

"My apologies, Yajarn," Vand says,"I wasn't aware you'd been injured. Speak up next time and I'll gladly heal you as well."

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Malarky shifts uneasily on his injured leg as Sir Lornem opens the door to summon a couple of other knights. A few moments later two other young knights enter the office. Standing at the back they wait as Sir Trynn recognises Malarky and Finn as brothers in the Order of the Axe. He reads off a scroll that describes the Orders commitment to justice and peace. Once the short ceremony is finished the two of you sign the roster and the younger knights witness your signitures.

"Now as associates of the Order, you two may call on us when you need help and we shall call on you in times of trouble. Should you, Yajarn and Vand choose to join us later, you will be welcome. As for Sir Lornem's mission and yours we can now speak on that."

For a few months we have been helping some of the folks who make the Worm their home. Not many people choose to visit that part of the city and the shadows of the cliff-side hide all sorts of ne'er do wells. Some of the smaller shops that work in the area were having some troubles with extortion and such from an element within the Worm. We have been trying to root out the extortionists as well as the blackmarketeers. Sir Lornem was getting close to one of the fenses that operates in the Worm, the Gloomwalker - a dangerous sibeccai whom we have learned wishes to get out from under his master. With this latest attack on Sir Lornem it would appear that the scrigs are also working for whomever this Gloomwalker works for. We want you to join with him to root out the scrigs and find out if they have any connection as we suspect."

For now we are not going to try and initiate contact with the Gloomwalker as I suspect that his motives were not very sincere. As the terms of your contract stipulate, Yajarn and Vand, we would like you to guard Sir Lornem in this capacity. Malarky and Finn, for the moment we would also like you to join him, though I think that it might be best if the two of you worked seperately to try and find out where these scrigs are coming from. It shouldnt take too long for the two groups to find out where they are. If you do find any information please head back here to the compound and wait for the other group."

If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions nows the time to ask."
Sir Trynn finishes your debriefing.

GPEKO

First Post
Yajarn

Zhure said:
"My apologies, Yajarn," Vand says,"I wasn't aware you'd been injured. Speak up next time and I'll gladly heal you as well."
"You know me, Vand. I try not to complain. Complaining is for the weak." He looks toward Malarky, smiling slightly. "Our small non-mojh might still appreciate your talent. Although, he also seems pretty stoic about it."

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions nows the time to ask." Sir Trynn finishes your debriefing.
"Not that my opinion really matters, since I signed the contract, but I'm glad we're not attacking the scrigs simply because they are scrigs. Perhaps they are only protecting their territory and doing a better job at it than those who require your protection."

Yajarn almost opens his mouth to say more but he restrains himself, keeping the words in his head. Those creature are probably trying to survive after being rejected by the other non-mojh. I wonder if those knights of the axe would be so quick to come to help if the scrigs were the ones being extorted by others.

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Vand, Human, Mindwitch

Vand crosses his arms and listens quietly during the briefing.

"I'm glad I'm not in charge of the investigation - I don't think I'd do well at it," Vand says, smiling. "The offer for healing goes for anyone if it's in my power, just speak up."

Malarky

First Post
Malarky, loresong akashic

Malarky nods at Yajarn and gives Vand a slight smile. "Well as it seems we are going to be heading out relatively soon, I suppose I better get this looked at, eh? Your offer is much appreciated." Then he turns towards Sir Trynn regarding him slowly. "Would you like us to set out tonight before the trail grows cold, or will it wait till the morning?"

Zhure

First Post
Vand, Human, Mindwitch

"As long as I have healing available, I will grant it," Vand says.

Eschewing using a spellpouch, Vand will instead concentrate, willing the wounds of Malarky to be healed. Cast Transfer Wounds [lesser], once and then he's out of 1st level spells. If needed, Vand will cast the diminished version twice, but then be completely out of spells. Each casting takes 4 rounds because he's making them psionic by not using material, somatic or verbal components.

Last edited:

Raikes

First Post
Finn

The greenbond spryte watches with interest this painful, non-green-powered method of healing. He's never seen a psionic spell cast before.

Erekose13

Explorer
After everyone has airred their concerns, Sir Trynn replies, "I think things would best wait for tomorrow morning, the Worm is not somewhere that you really want to be poking around dark holes in the middle of the night. Indeed Yajarn we have not been troubled by the scrigs in the past, it is only now that they have begun attacking people in the streets and getting much more agressive.

If any of you needs accomodations for the evening you are free to stay in the barracks here or in the Bluetooth Inn, which is very close to this compound. Tell them that you are working for me and you will get a discounted room rate. Tomorrow morning if you would all meet Sir Lornem here to get organized before heading out."

Vand concentrates for a few moments before Malarky's leg heals, with seemingly none of the normal vocal or visual cues. Finn you find that it would have been difficult to tell that Vand had even cast it, had you not known what effect you were looking for.

Remove ads