Bad Movies You Liked

Richards

Legend
Do old Godzilla movies count? Because I'm a sucker for those, even the particularly goofy ones like Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster (where Godzilla uses his fiery breath as a form of rocket propulsion) and Godzilla vs. Megalon (where he can suddenly do gravity-defying kung fu moves like jumping at his enemy feet first with his tail dragging along the ground).

Johnathan

I thought of a couple more.

Tank Girl...I loved the movie, but it was considered so bad that it almost completely destroyed Lori Petty's acting career.

And finally, I have four words...

Rocky Horror Picture Show...

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"Legend" (the 1985 film with Tom Cruise, Mia Sara, and Tim Curry)
"The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension"
I wanted to say "Hansel and Gretal; Witch Hunters", but apparently it did pretty well financially.

excuse me! The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension is one of the greatest movies ever made - it, like Labyrinth, is not a Bad Movie and should not be listed in this thread!!!

doing well at the box office is NOT an indication of quality

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
excuse me! The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension is one of the greatest movies ever made - it, like Labyrinth, is not a Bad Movie and should not be listed in this thread!!!

doing well at the box office is NOT an indication of quality

Unfortunately, for the purposes of this thread, that was the specific criteria; a box office flop ;)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
And were critically panned is also mentioned in OP

For instance both Fight Club and Big Trouble in Little China were box office flops

Zardnaar

Legend
And were critically panned is also mentioned in OP

For instance both Fight Club and Big Trouble in Little China were box office flops

I'm not to strict, itsostly so people don't put up movies they personally don't like and claim they're bad.

Some good movies lose money, not everyone knows about the movie or that it lost money.

It's a fun type thread, posting bad/under appreciated movies and flops is fine.

Another 80s sword and sorcery film that I adore. I saw it when I was probably to young to do so, and it’s stuck with me ever since. That sword makes no sense, but when I was a kid I didn’t care. The recent “sequel” was a shameful effort.

Legend is a favorite of mine. The version with the Tangerine Dream soundtrack, though. While Goldsmith has done some amazing work elsewhere, I prefer the synthesized exoticism of TD to his Disney-like one.

If you’ve never read the original script, Legend of Darkness, I recommend it. It’s crazy epic in scope:

https://www.figmentfly.com/legend/script3a.html

The Sword And The Sorcerer

Great special effects and film score. The chase in the castle, I could loop that music endlessly.

Too bad the end credits tagline

And we had to wait till 2010 to get the next to aweful film, where they did not even give Lee Horsley's character his proper name "Talon", instead they just referred to him as "The Stranger".

Zardnaar

Legend
Do old Godzilla movies count? Because I'm a sucker for those, even the particularly goofy ones like Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster (where Godzilla uses his fiery breath as a form of rocket propulsion) and Godzilla vs. Megalon (where he can suddenly do gravity-defying kung fu moves like jumping at his enemy feet first with his tail dragging along the ground).

Johnathan

Absolutely. It's mostly just stuff like Transformers, not great movies but lots of money made.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases