Bad Movies You Liked

trappedslider

Explorer
I thought Reign of Fire's premise was interesting..I would have liked to see more of the actual fight between Dragons and Humans than what was hinted at via newspaper clippings.

Ones mentioned as bad already.

Beastmaster of course though it might just be Tanya Roberts.

Sword and Sorcerer because it made me laugh and probably my memory playing tricks but the big guy using a foot powered grinding wheel to sharpen something and the hero pushing head onto it (hope its the right movie) always wondered why he didn't stop peddling.

Simple that fantasy movies were trying to be made was a good thing.

Watched the Arnie Conan movies and really they are much better than remembered.

Zardnaar

Hero
Street Fighter wasn't that good in the 90s.

Mortal Kombat passes as a cheesy martial arts flick, the second one is outright bad. MK might also be the best video game movie idk.

MK had a great soundtrack though it got me into a lot of 90s metal bands.

dragoner

Dying in Chargen
I loved Krull, it was also good as it has a young Liam Neeson. I see people mentioning the Conan films w/o mentioning Red Sonja? Tsk

Celebrim

Legend
I don't like bad movies. I like underappreciated classics.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Creator
Blood of Heroes
Joe vs. The Volcano

dragoner

Dying in Chargen
I listed Red Sonja. I was a fan of Ernie Reyes Jr. Oh! Speaking of, another movie that I absolutely love, and watch probably once a year or so that doesn't get any love: The Last Dragon. Bruce Leroy! Shonuff!
Then there are two of us.

BTW, the web preview photobucket pic on your DTRPG product is messed up.

trappedslider

Explorer
The only thing I like about Street Fighter the movie is Raul Julia having a great time.
That's the best part. Fun Fact : He knew he was dying and so let his kids pick his last role. I honestly think the only person who took the movie serious was Kylie Minogue. Looking back, at the time it was made did the Street Fighter games even have a plot?

You may remember watching the movie, but for me it was Tuesday.

Mallus

Hero
Joe vs. The Volcano
I'll go to my grave defending Joe Versus the Volcano as a legitimate classic American film. It sits in the middle of a Venn diagram whose circles are ridiculous, romantic, and true.

It's a defining moment in the friendship of several of my closest friends that we saw Joe Vs. in the theater. Same with Hudson Hawk, come to think...

Imaculata

Adventurer
I greatly enjoyed both Joe Versus the Volcano and Hudson Hawk. I show the latter all the time to people who haven't seen it. It is such a hilarious crazy movie. I especially love the singing heist(s), and that stupid dog being shot through a window.

As for Red Sonja, I enjoyed it as a kid, but seeing it now as an adult, Brigitte Nielson's acting is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

By virtue of liking a film, I wouldn't call it "bad," so I'll emphasize films I liked that ran counter to popular opinion.

I quite liked Batman v. Superman, especially in relation to the homogenous MCU factory. It was dark, epic, and felt like several movies in one. I wasn't crazy about some elements - the monster thing at the end was a bit one-dimensional and uninteresting. But overall it worked for me.

I also liked Dark Phoenix far more than the reviews. No, it wasn't Claremont/Byrne, but it was a lot better than the Radner fiasco. While I wouldn't call it a great movie by any means, the fact that it didn't totally butcher the Phoenix saga makes it pretty good. Sansa did better than I thought and some good performances throughout.

Here's an obscure one: Terence Malick's Knight of Cups. Yes, Malick is pretty pretentious, but he can also be quite deep and damn if he doesn't know cinematography. This is very much a "spiritual quest" story, and thus misunderstood by most of the viewing public, even the film snobs who were the only ones who probably saw it.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Without a doubt, the number one for me is Ron Ely's Doc Savage. Saw it at the drive through with Mom when I was a kid. Of more recent vintage, the live action Speed Racer, which I think is a better movie than Iron Man.

:)

Ulfgeir

Explorer
I like Jupiter Ascending, Dune, Dark Crystal, Stardust, Labyrinth, and Street fighter. Also loved the first Mortal Kombat-movie. I think Blade Runner also falls into this category (though it has to be the version WITH the voice-over, and WITHOUT the Unicorn dream sequence)

Advertisement