• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica #20:Daybreak (2) Season 4--2009/Finale

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
2423335738_c7bafc8cea.jpg

Battlestar-Galactica-battlestar-galactica-887322_1920_1441.jpg

HeavyCarrier.jpg

1527911215_26e978393b_m.jpg

Daybreak (2)

Writers:Ronald D. Moore

Director:Michael Rymer

Stars:Grace Park (Sharon "Athena" Agathon/Sharon "Boomer" Valerii)
Tricia Helfer (Caprica Six/Head Six)
James Callis (Gaius Baltar/Head Baltar)
Jamie Bamber (Lee "Apollo" Adama)
Mary McDonnell (Laura Roslin)
Edward James Olmos (William Adama)
Katee Sackhoff (Kara "Starbuck" Thrace)

Recurring Role:Callum Keith Rennie (Leoben Conoy)
Tiffany Lyndall-Knight (Cylon Hybrid)
Leela Savasta (Tracey Anne)
Brad Dryborough (Lt. Hoshi)
Lara Gilchrist (Paulla Schaffer)
Kerry Norton (Layne Ishay)
Mark A. Sheppard (Romo Lampkin)
Leah Cairns (Margaret "Racetrack" Edmondson)
Colin Lawrence (Hamish "Skulls" McCall)
Darcy Laurie (Dealino)
Colin Corrigan (Marine Allan Nowart)
Iliana Gomez-Martinez (Hera Agathon)
Rick Worthy (Simon)
Dean Stockwell (John Cavil)
Donnelly Rhodes (Doc Cottle)
Kate Vernon (Ellen Tigh)
Michael Trucco (Samuel Anders)
Aaron Douglas (Galen Tyrol)
Bodie Olmos (Brendan "Hot Dog" Costanza)
Tahmoh Penikett (Karl "Helo" Agathon)
Rekha Sharma (Tory Foster)
Matthew Bennett (Aaron Doral)
Michael Hogan (Saul Tigh)

Guest Star: Dan Payne (Sean)
Tobias Mehler (Zak Adama)
Anthony St. John (Marine #2)
Holly Eglinton (Stripper)
Richard Jollymore (Marine #1)
Kevin McNulty (Frank Porthos)
Simone Bailly (Shona)
Ronald D. Moore (Man Reading Magazine (uncredited))
Admiral Adama leads a group of volunteers aboard the Galactica into a dangerous mission to rescue Hera. With the decrepit condition of the ship, Adama understands that this will likely be the final mission of the Galactica.

As the personnel face possible death in the battle, they recall key moments from their time on Caprica before the Cylon holocaust.

Last edited:

So my thoughts now that it's over:

Well it was amazing seeing marines and centurions vs. centurions old and new.

Looks like I was wrong about Tory making it...

I was thinking that Boomer would have finished what she started back in season 1, but Athena did it for her.

Starbuck really did die, and she really is an angel.

And you can't beat the idea of President Lampkin.

With Hera as mitochondrial Eve, and 150,000 years robots dancing to All Along the Watchtower at the end. We know it's going to happen again. And I'm sure those remaining centurions made humanoid bodies for themselves, who eventually became the colonials of the original BSG series (ignoring 1980 of course), even though there's nothing to link that together.

possum

First Post
Wow... Just wow. I really enjoyed it, and it's all but confirmed that it's likely to happen again. While I've read on other sites that there are people complaining, I thought it ended quite well.

Steel_Wind

Legend
I enjoyed it.

I especially enjoyed the redemption of Baltar. Of all the arcs which gave the characters closure, I thought his and Caprica Six's were the best done.

The only part that rang false to me and my wife was Kara. RD Moore knew that would be controversial, and I can well understand his feeling ill over the Daniel assumptions.

(But really Ron - most of us drank the Kool-aid on that one because that was what you put in our cup, after all.)

And even now, I far prefer the notion of a half-Cylon Kara resurrected in some unexplained way - that would ultimately have been "solved" for us in the Caprica series.

That would have been far more satisfying to me than this "Angel" nonsense. As for Evolution + Divine intervention leads to the human race on Earth, that discussion is not going to end well here on ENWorld. I'll leave it as "GAH!".

As for the divine, I thought Head Baltar and Head Six filled that role in a psychotic non-tangible way that was acceptable and brought a full measure of closure to their tale in a very satisfying way.

Kara = Angel?

No. Just..."no".

The Scrolls of Pythia proved to be prophetic in the end after all, and as soon as Earth was named "Earth", Roslin's number was up. I thought that was handled well, though I'm not sure I liked the idea that Admiral Adama lives the rest of his life talking to a pile of rocks. Not the ending for him I prefer to think of. I preffer to think he grieves and then goes and finds Lee.

Ah well.

Here's hoping that Caprica will keep the flame alive.

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
Bittersweet -- which is the only proper way they could have closed this series out.

One thing I didn't like: Baltar. The man needed his judgment day and it was reinforced for me when they do the flash back between he and 6 and says, "I can get you a sneak at the A frame."

Steel_Wind

Legend
Bittersweet -- which is the only proper way they could have closed this series out.

One thing I didn't like: Baltar. The man needed his judgment day and it was reinforced for me when they do the flash back between he and 6 and says, "I can get you a sneak at the A frame."

Baltar was guilty of breaching a law, but he - in no way - planned or was repsonsible for the extinction of the human race.

He didn't know - and had no reason to know. If he had known, he would not have done it.

I prefer redemption. He had his trial. He was forgiven. Season 4 was Baltar learning to forgive himself.

Besdies, for a man who had an angel living in his head, he turned out pretty well :)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
It would be interesting if a new person picked up this property every 25 years so that the meta-life of the show mirrors the interior philosophy of the show, in that it keeps happening again and again, upgrading the vision as technology advances, and showing that there is more than one path to the loop. :)

DonTadow

First Post
I thought it was ok. Hated the angle thing and i don't buy 50k people agreeing to ditch all known technology and live in the wilderness.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I thought it was ok. Hated the angle thing and i don't buy 50k people agreeing to ditch all known technology and live in the wilderness.

You've never lived through technology rising up and killing all but the remaining 50K people in the universe.

Remove ads