Battlestar Galactica #17:Islanded in a Stream of Stars/S4Finale/09

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
battlestar-galactica1.jpg

Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Writers:Michael Taylor

Director:Edward James Olmos

Stars:Grace Park (Sharon Valerii/Sharon "Athena" Agathon)
Tricia Helfer (Number Six/Caprica Six)
Jamie Bamber (Lee "Apollo" Adama)
Katee Sackhoff (Kara "Starbuck" Thrace)
Mary McDonnell (Laura Roslin)
Edward James Olmos (William Adama)
James Callis (Gaius Baltar)

Recurring Role: Dean Stockwell (John Cavil)
Rekha Sharma (Tory Foster)
Donnelly Rhodes (Doc Cottle)
Michael Trucco (Samuel Anders)
Michael Hogan (Saul Tigh)
Tahmoh Penikett (Karl "Helo" Agathon)
Kate Vernon (Ellen Tigh)
The rebel Cylons and the Colonial humans react to Hera's kidnapping while the physical condition of the Galactica continues

Last edited:

Volaran

First Post
Nice to see some of the old-style raiders docked at the Colony. Hopefully we'll see some old-style Centurion action in the two-part finale.

LightPhoenix

First Post
On the other hand, what I found tragic is that Galactica has to die a slow, painful death, but Pegasus got to go out in a blaze of glory. I'm kind of hoping Adama decides to give Helo the husk of Galactica to go find Hera.

The comment about Baltar in the captain's meeting was a WTF moment for me. Why would Baltar have a say? Adama is the captain, and in a room of ship captains (or proxies), you'd think that they'd accept that Adama gets to make the calls aboard his own ship.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Baltar is now the head of a gun-toting gang that is now the security force on the Galactica (because most of the marines are dead or mutinied and Adama refuse Cylon police); that's why he gets a say.

Let's hope the finale is worth this rather dull period of buildup.

On the other hand, what I found tragic is that Galactica has to die a slow, painful death, but Pegasus got to go out in a blaze of glory. I'm kind of hoping Adama decides to give Helo the husk of Galactica to go find Hera.

Well, judging from the previews for the finale, Galactica is getting a Blaze of Glory. The preview had scenes of Adama addressing a huge crowd on the hangar deck asking for volunteers for a final one-way mission with Galactica.

Also, in terms of the whole Pythian Prophecy, looks like Roslin might really die before humanity finds its new home with the whole "dying leader" aspect.

Grymar

Explorer
Shh, don't spoil previews!! I and many others don't watch them.

But, damn the tension is building. Galactica is dying, both races are dying, Roslin is dying...Adama is now drinking, having frequent breakdowns, and even toking it up in the sick bay.

When I realized there was only the 3 hour finale left, I actually got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. So rarely is good TV found, it hurts when it is leaving, even if for the best of reasons.

Krug

Newshound
Man they really need to make this show over. Practically nothing happened this ep except for Adama's decision perhaps. Just too much emoness. Next two episodes better have some actual action.

Shh, don't spoil previews!! I and many others don't watch them.

But, damn the tension is building. Galactica is dying, both races are dying, Roslin is dying...Adama is now drinking, having frequent breakdowns, and even toking it up in the sick bay.

When I realized there was only the 3 hour finale left, I actually got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. So rarely is good TV found, it hurts when it is leaving, even if for the best of reasons.

Agree on all account, including the no-preview-spoiling.

I would be surprised if Galactica wouldn't get a "Blaze of Glory" ending, but it seems to be done a lot - the final end of a series around a starship ends with its destruction. Maybe it would be nice seeing Galactica just ... fading. Getting her the deserved rest in peace...

I was half-way expecting the episode to end with Anders saying "Jump".

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads