BSG #17: Someone to Watch Over Me/S4 Finale/09

Steel_Wind

Legend
One serious question regarding "Daniel" and Starbuck that arises is the implication of the fantasy piano player...

As the cut away at the end of that scene suggests - there never was a piano player at all. It was all Starbuck as the victim of some self-projection, creating an entirely illusionary person with whom she was having meaningful and seemingly real interactions as a way of self-discovery and dealing with incredible stress and alienation.

She couldn't talk to anybody about finding her own body. The only person other than herself who knew - Leoben - ran from her in fear.

But looking back, she's not the only person we have seen start to project internal confessors to share secrets with - secrets so horrible that they cannot tell anybody else, is she?

The tie-in with the projection story between Boomer and Tyrol is made plain. It's all themes on Cylon projection - and the implication with Starbuck is that the Hybrids can self-project on a smaller scale and do it unknowingly to themselves...

Which leads us back to Baltar and the logical implication that Baltar is also a hybrid. He may be another of Daniel's sons - or some other Cylon parent, one of the Final Five or otherwise.

The brain scans on him reveal no chip - because there is no chip to find in a hybrid. The tests cannot detect him either. He appears human - but he is not.

Wheter or not Baltar was a sleeper hybrid, or it was just an accident of fate that he was the scientist who proved an easy gateway to the defence codes is unknown...for now.

But as a friend of mine has been saying for years, we *know* Baltar is a Cylon. After all, we see him destroyed by a nuclear weapon at the beginning of every show and have since the show started. Nobody could survive the shredding of that overpressure and scything glass - whether he was crouched below Caprica Six or not.

That Baltar died. He had to have died.

Like Starbuck, he resurrected and was left with no memory of his death and no knowledge of what he was.

And after resurrection, his mind started projecting another into it....like Starbuck's is now doing.

I think the "Cylon Movie" will reveal to us more about Baltar - and the truth of his origins. But all of this seems to fit the facts, as it were.

Last edited:

Volaran

First Post
Anyone know where I can find the Battlestar Galactica version of All Along the Watchtower in mp3 format?

No specific locations online, but it is on the Season 3 soundtrack. A few of the other songs on that soundtrack also incorporate bits of it, even if the aired version did not. In fact, I would recommend all the BSG soundtracks.

On a different note, has anyone noticed that Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol) looks like he had lost significant weight in the last few episodes? I have to assume that this is due to parts of "The Plan" telemovie taking place much earlier in the series, as he was much slimmer when we first met him in the mini-series.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Anyone know where I can find the Battlestar Galactica version of All Along the Watchtower in mp3 format?

Your Google Fu is weak!

mod edit: Dude, that's copyrighted stuff. Link deleted. Don't link to material that isn't yours to distribute again, please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krug

Newshound
Meh... this episode really dragged for me. Thought the Galactica would have prepared better for a situation where
Cylon look alikes masquerade as each other.
Guess I was wrong.

GSHamster

Adventurer
Meh... this episode really dragged for me. Thought the Galactica would have prepared better for a situation where
Cylon look alikes masquerade as each other.
Guess I was wrong.

Well, for most intents and purposes, Cylon models of the same type are interchangeable. Boomer/Eight is really the only split. Remember the big thing about the Cylon vote was that it was assumed that all Cylons of a specific model vote the same way, and thus it was a big shock when Boomer split off from the Eights.

No specific locations online, but it is on the Season 3 soundtrack. A few of the other songs on that soundtrack also incorporate bits of it, even if the aired version did not. In fact, I would recommend all the BSG soundtracks.

Yep, the soundtracks are awesome. I guess that's symptomatic for the entire show. Yes, I know it had its weak episodes (there are also weaker pieces on the soundtrack), but there is just too much interesting stuff going on.

I will really miss the show when it's gone. I don't want it to go.
But I also want to know how it ends. I need the closure, too.

Kaodi

Hero
I thought the implication here was that Kara *IS* Daniel. Remember, Ellen said that Cavill had had a hand in creating the other Cylon models, but that he had messed around with the Daniel embryos. I suppose for those who believe that Baltar is a Cylon, he could also be a Daniel, but I think that is unlikely because he and Kara are just way too far apart. Personally, I am in the camp that thinks Head Six and Head Baltar are something else entirely.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Personally, I am in the camp that thinks Head Six and Head Baltar are something else entirely.

I don't recall a Head Baltar except when Head Six was also there, and that was in the head of Roslin, right? Seems like Roslin, Baltar and Kara have/can each have someone in their head, as could the Chief when he was physically contacted (which he was able to resist and then reinitiate later on his own). Could it be that a Cylon can do this to another willing Cylon, or to a half-Cylon as desired, and that Kara, Baltar and Roslin are all half-Cylons?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads