Director:Gwyneth Horder-Payton

Stars:Mary McDonnell (Laura Roslin)
Edward James Olmos (William Adama)
Katee Sackhoff (Kara "Starbuck" Thrace)
James Callis (Gaius Baltar)
Tricia Helfer (Caprica Six)
Grace Park (Sharon "Boomer" Valerii)
Jamie Bamber (Lee "Apollo" Adama)

Recurring Role:Michael Hogan (Saul Tigh)
Rekha Sharma (Tory Foster)
Dean Stockwell (John Cavil)
Kerry Norton (Medic Layne Ishay)
Kate Vernon (Ellen Tigh)
Donnelly Rhodes (Doc Cottle)
Aaron Douglas (Galen Tyrol)
Michael Trucco (Samuel Anders)

Guest Star:John Hodgman (Dr. Gerard)
As Sam Anders recovers from his head injury onboard the Galactica, he begins to remember events from ancient Earth.

Meanwhile, the Final Cylon struggles with the fallout from the Final Five's former plans. One of the humanoid Cylons vows to get revenge for being created in the image of Man.

Tyrol informs Admiral Adama about the extensive structural damage on the Galactica

Last edited:

Steel_Wind

Legend
For an episode that was 75% exposition or so, not bad.

The explanations offered are sort of like Speedtree computer game 3d Trees. The image serves for a quick glance, but if you look at it sideways or question the illusion of reality, it is shown to be without any real substance or depth.

But... they were making this crap up as they went along, and this explanation mostly fits the facts in a stunning sweep of retcon to achieve something that almost works. (Except for Saul Tigh. Saul Tigh was the part that always made any explanation break down. But we'll leave that be and chalk it up to "TV writing" - because that's what this is folks.)

I presume Ellen and Boomer will reach the fleet next episode after a four month chase and some more will be revealed - with the Cylon fleet looming out there...somewhere

John/Cavill now has a real reason to pursue: the final five can reimplement Resurrection. This also gives him a reason why he cannot attack to destroy the fleet. The tech would be lost forever. He has to get them back alive.

Rendezvous: "The Colony"

I presume as well that we will finally have our destination set on the return of Ellen to the fleet. The "colony" which was the birthplace of the humanoid Cylon models presumably supports human life. It is the place where Resurrection can be redicovered on board the EarthCylon ship the Final Five used to make the original voyage from Earth to the Colonies upon - and it is also a place where Humanity might establish a non- irradiated, permanent home.

Looks to me that the BSG and the Rag Tag Fleet has its final heading.

Possibility: I invite you to consider the possibility that R.D.Moore will not answer how it is that Starbuck was brought back from the dead before series' end; instead, that question will be left purposefully hanging without an answer...except maybe on the new Caprica series.

I don't think he will do this....but I am no longer certain that he won't.

Wolf72

Explorer
I thought they alluded to who starbuck actually is ... The child of the surviving #7 Cylon model (daniel?). One that John didn't get to. So she is the first cylon/human hybrid.

But if she was resurrected being part cylon ... where did that happen (and how come the surviving rebel cylons can't use it) and where did her viper come from?

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Ah, resurrection technology: how the President avoids snuffing it from the series long illness she's had.

Good episode. Interesting side story about the mighty Battlestar falling apart. I think it is forgotten that she was a museum piece on the way to the scrap yard when the series started.

That nurse has a horrible bedside manner.

Why does the thread title say "Season 4 Finale?"

Finale of the Season, e.g. the first part is over, the second and final is on these months?

---

A lot of exposition, indeed. Interesting stuff. I suspect Daniel is being reborn in Caprica Six. Starbuck might be off-spring of him, or he might not. I definitely like that hypothesis...

LightPhoenix

First Post
John Hodgman as the brain surgeon was both incredibly jarring and incredibly hilarious.

I thought it was a decent episode, if a little too heavy on the exposition. I always enjoy seeing Dean Stockwell on the show, and the scenes between him and Ellen were great.

Mkhaiwati

First Post
A lot of exposition, indeed. Interesting stuff. I suspect Daniel is being reborn in Caprica Six. Starbuck might be off-spring of him, or he might not. I definitely like that hypothesis...

I'm not sure, the group made a quick off-hand comment about how they were warned of the apocalypse, and they each saw a different figure.

Shades of Baltar and the Head-Six?

Also... I had this suspicion before this last set of episodes aired that Roslin was the final cylon, and Adama was the prophesied "Leader who dies before reaching earth." I was wrong about the first, not sure about the second. He is popping pills and drinking waaaay to much.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads