Battlezoo Shares The OGL v1.1

Battlezoo, the YouTube channel which shared the initial leak of the new Open Game License, has shared the PDF of the OGL v1.1 draft which is currently circulating. This draft is, presumably, the same document obtained by Gizmodo last week. It's not currently known if this is the final version of the license.

JDragon

Explorer
So explain this to me in the only terms I can understand...
How many Death Save failures is Wizards at right now?
Honestly as much as it hurts to say it, right now none. Until WotC comes out and says yes, the OGL 1.1 everyone has been picking apart for the last X days is valid and we are standing behind it. Once that happens and 3PP stuff starts disappearing and sites get shut down, then we will see the real impact.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
They are really killing their movie. All the comments under their Facebook post with the movie trailer are anti-WoTC and pro open D&D. Gross incompetence to try this a couple months prior for the movie.
Unless their goal is to use the movie as a barometer for how serious people actually are about boycotting them.

dave2008

Legend
4e was meant to fix the issues of 3.5e. It makes sense that PF2, which was meant to fix the issues of PF1, which in turn were largely the same ones as 3.5e, will in some cases fix them in similar ways – or at least provide solutions to the same problems, like PF2's focus spells serving the same role as 4e's encounter powers.
Yes, but it goes beyond that of course. IMO, I wish it was more like 4e in some ways. If I switch to PF2, which I might, I will work on homebrewing to make it more like 4e and our 5e homebrew. Might get my ideal game out of it!

Remove ads

Remove ads