Blizzard at Revel's End (OOC) Temporary Hiatus

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
So, @JustinCase , let me run this by you really quick:

Py'Cott intends to swipe some snacks, if possible. But he thinks being caught by himself would be more trouble than it's worth. So that means he also intends to plant and/or hand out some snacks on the other prisoners in order to deflect some heat or help with his sneaking.

He also figures that if he gives some to Burton, Burton will either become indebted to him, or get caught ( as a minor bit of revenge)

You up for it?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I'll just give blanket permission that as long as you're not killing, maiming, or impregnating Valrin, you're more than willing to do shenanigans and I will roll with it.

I laughed about the impregnating part, then realized some people truly need that disclaimer. shivers

Guess I’ve been reading too many RPG Horrorstories on reddit.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So... my post regarding the "skill scene" (post #97) was meant for what I'd like to do next, but then I wrote us a bit into a corner by saying that the newly-arrived prisoners were not supposed to help offload. But I'm going to go for it anyway, I think, and we'll see what we get.

Here's what I'd like. I'll make it a "Three Skill Scene" (meaning I'd like each of you to roll three skill checks, hopefully different ones, hopefully ones that make sense for whatever it is you're trying to do.)

The big-picture scene is "Offload the Cargo".

You can see how me foolishly saying that the new prisoners wouldn't be allowed to help is causing trouble here, so we'll have to come up with some way for characters who don't want to or aren't allowed to help can be involved in this scene anyway. The first thing that pops to mind is to observe things that are going on or interact with NPCs (so social skills or perception or the like).

Here's a few things you might need to know to come up with your posts (I'm happy to help if your stuck, but I want to give you the freedom to make stuff up yourselves too):

1) The new prisoners will be shackled by guards before they leave the hold. (Sorry!)
2) The volunteer prisoners can have the icebreakers or hooks or run the elevator's wheel in their scene.
3) No one should leave the dock (or at least the cliff above) before we end of the scene
4) Again, don't resolve any of your rolls' results (leave it to me) but feel free to nudge me in a direction you choose.
5) Staylar, Fogg, & Drumm took the medical equipment on the first raise of the lift. They'll be gone for the scene.
6) Overall, unloading the ship takes a couple of hours, so any given character's bit could be any moment in there, or cover most of that time, depending on what you want to describe.

I hope that makes sense. Feel free to ask questions. I'd spend more time explaining, but I think that might make it sound complicated.

The main thing to think of is quite simple: Frankly, do anything you want during a scene in which the ship is being unloaded, just give me three pertinent skill checks while you do it, and I'll adjudicate what happens overall based on what's rolled (both the skills chosen, and the die rolls will make a difference in what happens.

(In addition, the (set of dcs) mean, median, and mode (as well as the maximum and minimum rolls) will also tell me stuff about what happens in the scene, but that might be too much information).

Remove ads