Blizzard at Revel's End (OOC) Temporary Hiatus

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Oh a couple more story notes:

1) Don't forget the weather's terrible: Sleet. Freezing spray. Wind. Rough water. Probably fog too.
2) The cargo is lifted (ship's crane) out of the hold onto the dock (which isn't particularly huge) and then loaded into the elevator and lifted up a 160' cliff. Smaller stuff is carried down a ramp. It'll all take several goes. Lots can go wrong.
3) There's quite a few people working on it (and some guards that are just guarding). Probably around forty people in and around the scene, give or take (including the 8 new prisoners).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Great stuff so far! I will respond to what's there as soon as I get the chance. The rest of you keep it coming when you have the time. You have some really good examples to go from!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'll start some resolutions soon, but just a nudge for @Kobold Stew Doc Halfhand (he can get down from the mountain and help out. Maybe an injury at the lift's wheel?); @Snarf Zagyg Razum (feel free to interview an NPC prisoner); @Steve Gorak Thorbin & @VLAD the Destroyer Jathlin (you two can maybe observe some things while waiting in the hold?)

I really mean for everyone to be involved, even if I foolishly made that difficult. (Or in other words, I still want a three-check post from you.) Again, sorry if deciding what to do is hard. Feel free to just make some perception/insight/whatever rolls if you have no other ideas. I've got an idea how to use those rolls. I should have just let you be involved in unloading the boat.

Hey, speaking of which, maybe we can just say that Captain Haleehearty can convince Razum (nominially in charge of the new prisoners) to loan him the new guys to speed up the offload! (He is missing three sailors, after all.) The guards will stand by with the manacles. Feel free to throw that in your post, Razum! (It'll get him out of the cold faster!)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sorry it’s been hectic the last couple of days. I will get something posted tomorrow at the latest.
Oh no problem. It's hardest to make decisions when you have limited options and yet are expected to choose from anything you feel like. It can be a tricky combination of too much and not enough st the same time.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Only missing @Steve Gorak Thorbin's post, so that I can resolve it (I'm not entirely waiting, I can start individual resolutions ahead of Thorbin's post, I've got a pretty good idea of the big picture at this point.)

If you're short on time, @Steve Gorak just give me a quick post with your three checks and I'll do the write-up.

Everyone feel free to give me feedback on how that system works for you, if you like it/don't like it/indifferent. Like I said, I'd normally IRL just play it out, but I feel like this speeds things along in PBP and makes for an interesting writing exercise. I admit it might not appeal to everyone.

I liked what everyone did for it, so thanks for indulging me!

Remove ads