Blueholme: A Simulacrum

knottyprof

First Post
I've posted a more comprehensive update of where I am and where I'm going with the BLUEHOLME™ Compleat Rules on the Dreamscape Design website:

http://dreamscapedesign.net/2013/03/30/blueholme-complete-rules/

blueholmecompleatcover_color02_longfinger.jpg

Error page appears for me when I click on the link, can you verify the link?

Dreamscape

Crafter of fine role-playing games
BLUEHOLME™ Compleat Cover Art

As I've mentioned elsewhere, BLUEHOLME™ Compleat Rules will feature new, original artwork. I haven't yet decided on funding options for the interior art, which will be black & white line art both to keep printing costs down and to maintain the old-school feel appropriate to the OSR and the public domain art used in the free BLUEHOLME™ Prentice products.

The cover of BLUEHOLME™ Compleat, however, is done and in glorious full colour, by the inestimable Jean-Francois Beaulieu or johnnybleu as he's known on the Dragonsfoot and Goblinoid Games forums.

blueholmecompleatcoversmall.png

Dreamscape

Things are moving nicely in the BLUEHOLME™ Compleat Rules writing department. One of the additions compared to the Prentice Rules is that there are more examples. So, tell me - what sort of things would you like to see clarified in the rules? Are there any particular procedures you find a little difficult to unravel on first reading?

Dreamscape

Last night I finished the first draft of Part 7: Treasures. That means I am now on the last chapter, Part 8: Campaigns. This chapter will be about designing adventures in the Underworld, the Wilderness, and the Realm. There will also be a slice of advice for referees on campaigns, house rules, character advancement, and the like. This, of all chapters, will be interesting to write because it relies very little on the d20 SRD or the original rules. It will, however, draw on Holmes’s ideas on creating a fantasy life in a game without end.

Okay, before I get too excited, I know that the first draft is just the start of a lot of work – there is the first edit, the proofreading, the re-writing, the continuity checking – and that’s even before we get to layout. But at least the end is in sight, and once layout is done I will be able to get quotations for artwork and see about setting up that Indiegogo for funding the same.

Which brings to mind a question, do any of you have any pointers with regard to making that all-important Indiegogo video? I must admit to complete ignorance on that front.

Dreamscape

Time for another little BLUEHOLME™ Compleat Rules sneak peek – this time, an in-progress shot of the sample dungeon map. Of course, in the spirit of BLUEHOLME™, those of you with a long history in the game may spot some homages in there.

blueholmesamplemazesmall1.jpg

Remove ads