• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BoVD (again)

hellbender

First Post
Hopefully this thread will stay on topic the entire time (ha!).

First off, I buy a lot of Monte Cook's material, and I defended his choice to write this book in the thread that originally went offtrack. I have not read the book, this is not a rant. But I have a question.....

Is the book going to appear on shelves near you?

After going to 3 FLGSs, I found out that there are no plans to carry this book at any of them, it will only be sold via special order. When I asked, I was unanimously told that it is too controversial. Well, at two of these stores, if I chose to, I could purchase adult magazines or Anton LeVey's Satanic Bible.

Is this book receiving an undeserved reputation before it is released?

This was a bit of a shock, and I am curious if anyone else has enountered this reaction.

hellbender

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
That is wierd. I imagine there is a little to much hype of the wrong kind for this. I'll probably get it. Monte has yet to really disappoint me. I really doubt it's going to be that edgy, once the book is out I imagine your local stores will start caring it after a month or so.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
It'd help to know roughly what region you live in. I can't imagine the shops around here not carrying it. I'll be surprised if it doesn't show up on the shelves.

Crothian

First Post
ColonelHardisson said:
It'd help to know roughly what region you live in. I can't imagine the shops around here not carrying it. I'll be surprised if it doesn't show up on the shelves.

Well, ya, you see worse things at a Browns game and in the Flats. :D

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Crothian said:

So you can have them fight the people from the Divine and the Defeated? Your own private YB? ;)

Well that and I just want Demon Princes! :) I doubt S&SS will do a SL book about the planes JUST yet. Maybe in 2004...but I can't wait that long! ;) I just want to use Orcus a lot! And maybe a few Arch devils to fight some incursions by Titanspawn.

Remove ads