• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E BREAKING 5th Edition!

Li Shenron

Legend
OK, so the DMG is finally out and we've all had some time to read it -- now, how can we BREAK THE GAME?!?

You can't break something liquid.

So -- what sorts of things should real powergamers be trying to wheedle out of their DMs? What's the best way to twist a DM's arm to get them to rule the way you want them to? With a small group of players, there's always the old standby of the (unspoken, of course) threat to up and leave the table. What else?

Yeah, leaving is probably the best thing a powergamer can do. Best for the rest of the group for sure. :)

OTOH, the best thing the DM can do at the first attempt at rules-lawyering at the gaming table, is to open the book at the page about Hiding and ask the rules-lawyer to explain it thoroughly. While the rest of the group doesn't stop playing the game.

Werebat

Explorer
OTOH, the best thing the DM can do at the first attempt at rules-lawyering at the gaming table, is to open the book at the page about Hiding and ask the rules-lawyer to explain it thoroughly. While the rest of the group doesn't stop playing the game.

OMG, I may actually do this. Thanks!

Lord Ipplepop

First Post
OK, so the DMG is finally out and we've all had some time to read it -- now, how can we BREAK THE GAME?!?

I want to know what "hacks" I can use to make my DM cry!

Overall, the move from 3rd-4th to 5th Edition has been a move away from loads of exploitable rules to a system where "what the DM says, goes" -- which means that instead of DMs having to deal with rules lawyering min/maxers who constantly wreck their games with little exploits, they'll be having to deal with wheedling min/maxers who constantly wreck their games with incessant pleas for them to rule certain ways on certain things.

So -- what sorts of things should real powergamers be trying to wheedle out of their DMs? What's the best way to twist a DM's arm to get them to rule the way you want them to? With a small group of players, there's always the old standby of the (unspoken, of course) threat to up and leave the table. What else?

I can't WAIT to start pressuring my DM into stuff!

So, basically, what you're telling us is that you have absolutely no idea what this game is about, and that you never got past your 13th birthday, emotionally...
Nice

Remove ads