D&D Movie/TV Bridgerton Star Regé-Jean Page Joins D&D Movie

Regé-Jean Page has joined the cast of the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons movie - which currently has Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, and Justice Smith attached - in a leading role, according to Hollywood Reporter. He played the Duke of Hastings in the period drama which is Netflix's biggest ever show. https://www.enworld.org/threads/chris-pine-to-star-in-d-d-movie.677045/...

Regé-Jean Page has joined the cast of the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons movie - which currently has Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, and Justice Smith attached - in a leading role, according to Hollywood Reporter. He played the Duke of Hastings in the period drama which is Netflix's biggest ever show.

BRIDGERTON_108_Unit_01959R.jpg

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Is Vin Diesel getting involved in this? Be cool if he did. All this F&F talk reminded me of him and his D&D love. Also, it reminded me of a hilarious F&F Vin diesel story.

My old man had some of us over during one of the holidays. The teen kids were watching TV. The old man tried to find something he thought they would like. He setteled on one of the F&F movies with The Rock and Vin. After about 15 min and everyone more or less silently watching the movie, my old man says, "Wait...The Rock and Vin Diesel are not the same guy???" Everyone laughed, it was a good time.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm not so sure about them including Tieflings, Dragonborn, or anything of that sort. This is a movie that MUST appeal to general audiences as WELL as D&D gamers. Tieflings and Dragonborn MIGHT (depends on how they put them) be problematic when viewed by General audiences. The movie is being made to make money and that means more than just D&D player must watch it.

A tiefling or other creature MIGHT be included, but it will be dependent on writing and producers/directors and PR decisions as well as polling to determine if they can be written in a way that appeals to mass audiences rather than turn them away...

In my opinion...of course.
General audiences enjoy all sorts of fantastical characters in movies and TV. Why would they have difficulty with demon-people and dragon-people? They seem like pretty basic concepts to me. They enjoyed walking trees and talking raccoons in the MCU.

Much as you might think otherwise looking at Hollywood sequels, people don’t only watch things they’ve seen before. They watch exciting new stuff all the time.

I'm not so sure about them including Tieflings, Dragonborn, or anything of that sort. This is a movie that MUST appeal to general audiences as WELL as D&D gamers. Tieflings and Dragonborn MIGHT (depends on how they put them) be problematic when viewed by General audiences. The movie is being made to make money and that means more than just D&D player must watch it.

A tiefling or other creature MIGHT be included, but it will be dependent on writing and producers/directors and PR decisions as well as polling to determine if they can be written in a way that appeals to mass audiences rather than turn them away...

In my opinion...of course.
Because general audiences will never be able to cope with unfamiliar non-human characters...
1613663157501.png

1613663249212.png

1613663306196.png

1613663347258.png

1613663451185.png

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
It occurs to me that that makes Michelle Rodriguez a veteran D&D film actor. And what is Chris Pine if not a younger, more charming Paul Walker? (RIP)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If I had to bet on any one particular lineup, it'd be human, elf, tiefling, goblin, and if there's a fifth it'd be a goliath. I feel like that strikes a decent balance with respect to variety, D&D-ness, classic fantasy-ness, and "not needing to exposit more than necessary"-ness.
I cannot imagine WotC wanting people who walk out of the movie theater (let's pretend such things will exist at that point) and into a game store (ditto), pick up the PHB and can't make their favorite characters from the movies. Goblins and goliaths aren't in the PHB and would shocked to have them among the main cast.

The PHB nowadays has a pretty broad span of races. If they wanted to go being Tolkien-style fantasy, adding a tiefling or dragonborn to the party, or both, would be sufficient.

I cannot imagine WotC wanting people who walk out of the movie theater (let's pretend such things will exist at that point) and into a game store (ditto), pick up the PHB and can't make their favorite characters from the movies. Goblins and goliaths aren't in the PHB and would shocked to have them among the main cast.

The PHB nowadays has a pretty broad span of races. If they wanted to go being Tolkien-style fantasy, adding a tiefling or dragonborn to the party, or both, would be sufficient.
And I can't imagine there not being a Movie Edition Starter Set with all the lineages from the movies included. Goliath is already available for free on D&D Beyond and download.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle

Eh, whatever they put in (my guess is Firbolg, because they've been a hit every time they've shown up as a PC in a livestream game, and they're very distinctive, and will be totally new to most non players, which is a good thing. Also, seriously, even teenagers right now know Labyrinth, and Ludo reminds most folks I know of Firbolgs)

Honestly, given the zeitgeist...they should have at least one "ugly cute" monster race in there.

Remove ads

Remove ads