Candlekeep Mysteries (OOC Chat)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Actually, I like the idea of her being your great (great great...) grandmother, and the line has been Genasi since she loved a human (long gone, I'm afraid). Your pact would be family loyalty - you are the one entrusted with the family's book of shadows (though I think "shadows" is wrong in this case - it should be something else.)
5th generation sounds about right, Genasi live for up to 150 years. Assuming ~30 year generations, that would mean the human ancestor lived some time around the Time of Troubles, which was a wild time to be alive for sure.

As for the book, maybe it's a "Book of Wonders?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
5th generation sounds about right, Genasi live for up to 150 years. Assuming ~30 year generations, that would mean the human ancestor lived some time around the Time of Troubles, which was a wild time to be alive for sure.

As for the book, maybe it's a "Book of Wonders?"

Perfect! Got a name for Grandma? Aurumma comes to mind, but it might be to on-the-nose.

So I have the beginnings of a character. Going with a Deep Gnome Psi Warrior. He was the only survivor of an Illithid raid on his community. He was found by a hermit almost dead. He was nurtured back to health over the course of several months. They developed a friendship almost akin to a father and son. When he was well enough the hermit began to train him.

There will be more details but that is the rough draft for now. The book he has is the manuscript that the hermit used to trained him. It was given to him on the death of the hermit and told to take it to Candlekeep. My PC doesn't know this but the hermit stole the tome from the library as a young man several centuries ago.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So I have the beginnings of a character. Going with a Deep Gnome Psi Warrior. He was the only survivor of an Illithid raid on his community. He was found by a hermit almost dead. He was nurtured back to health over the course of several months. They developed a friendship almost akin to a father and son. When he was well enough the hermit began to train him.

There will be more details but that is the rough draft for now. The book he has is the manuscript that the hermit used to trained him. It was given to him on the death of the hermit and told to take it to Candlekeep. My PC doesn't know this but the hermit stole the tome from the library as a young man several centuries ago.
Looking good. We can get started pretty soon if you get that character done. (Not a big rush, but wouldn't mind getting going).

@ART! ... you still interested? Any character ideas?

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
hey @FitzTheRuke!

if you have space, I’d love to throw my hat in the ring. I’d go for something that I’ve never played before, like a bard of eloquence, or maybe a cleric of twilight or peace. I also have a moon Druid that’s ready to go, but every game I tried to play in died (I consider him my cursed character, so not sure I want to risk it, although it would help with the group’s wilderness survival).
Just let me know, ok?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@FitzTheRuke I am putting the finishing touches on my character. Is the 400 gp on top of starting equipment for a level 1 PC or in place of starting equipment?
In place of. You can take the starting equipment and 200gp if it saves you time.

hey @FitzTheRuke!

if you have space, I’d love to throw my hat in the ring. I’d go for something that I’ve never played before, like a bard of eloquence, or maybe a cleric of twilight or peace. I also have a moon Druid that’s ready to go, but every game I tried to play in died (I consider him my cursed character, so not sure I want to risk it, although it would help with the group’s wilderness survival).
Just let me know, ok?

Sure. I'm not sure if two of the players are going to join, so if you can get me a character soon-ish, we can get started with those that are ready.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases