Candlekeep Mysteries (OOC Chat)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
FYI, I bought my character some tools, since he has proficiency in many of them. He spends his free time sketching maps, drawings, and woodcarving. Very "elfy" activities ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Oh lol. How did I forget I need a book to get in?

Lets see, retroactively bring something? Maybe a book that details the recent Mulhorandi rebellion, the fall of High Imaskar, and the freeing of the slave cast?

I'll knock off some gold to represent that.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Oh lol. How did I forget I need a book to get in?

Lets see, retroactively bring something? Maybe a book that details the recent Mulhorandi rebellion, the fall of High Imaskar, and the freeing of the slave cast?

I'll knock off some gold to represent that.
Well, you could count as one of Hawthorne's assistants, though I expect that there'd be some kind of condition (though it may just be "join me in my adventures searching for the lost mine" which makes for a good hook. Although, I think you may have remembered it when making the character - I feel like I remember reading something about Aurumamma's memoirs or something?

Maybe I'm just thinking of your Book of Wonders! They can't have that, but they can probably make a copy of it. Though I don't know how private that book would be, and whether much information could be gleaned from it. Maybe Aurumamma can gain power through followers that read it and become Warlocks? Do patrons grant power to followers, gain power from them, or both? Who knows?

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Maybe I'm just thinking of your Book of Wonders! They can't have that, but they can probably make a copy of it. Though I don't know how private that book would be, and whether much information could be gleaned from it. Maybe Aurumamma can gain power through followers that read it and become Warlocks? Do patrons grant power to followers, gain power from them, or both? Who knows?
Oooh that's a better idea! Let me figure out what's in it.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
All right - let's get everyone else introduced.

@VLAD the Destroyer & @Steve Gorak

I'd like you to pick where you are at the moment: The Hearth (the tavern); the Bathhouse; the Clothiers (a shop); or the Pillars of Pedagogy (the towers I mentioned). I will introduce you to your NPCs (Avowed Adjutant Guides - each seeker has one) and we can do some quick RP regarding your own mission in Candlekeep. Keep in mind, that the eventual goal will be to have everyone volunteer to help Hawthorne on his mission - so we'll need to work together a bit to figure out how that happens.

@KahlessNestor

In your case, we can make you one of the guides, if you like. Feel free to choose any of the other PCs to be assigned to. Or if you prefer (and this may work better), you can be slightly higher-up in the Avowed hierarchy, (what would be called a "Master Reader" and be doing your own thing. There's a lifetime of reading here, after all. In which case, it's probably best if your character enjoys coming down to the Court of Air (choose a location from the list above) to engage in debates with junior Avowed and interesting Seekers.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ditto for my character. I figure he already gave his books as mandated by his elven royal family, and is now contemplating whether he will return home, or delay that and see a bit of the world, help folks and fight some evil. he's leaning towards delaying ;-)

Remove ads