• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Carrion Crown AP (The Deadwatchers) - IC

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
With her detect magic still up, Bella mumbles, "Famous last words..." as she scans the area. Something was weird about the scorch marks, as she tries to determine if the hole was made by something going down into it, or coming out of somewhere beneath this prison.

jackslate45

First Post
Elthos glanced at the water for anything before putting his tools back and re-equipping his scimitar.

He smiles at Bella's words and says "Come now, we have a paladin here to protect us! I am sure we will be fine."

ghostcat

First Post
Piedra wonders over to the hole and carefully examines the scorch marks. he expects that they were caused in the fire but wants to be sure. he also carefully checks to see if its safe to approach the hole. If so, he will look down it.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Piedra and Bella near the pit something in the rubble shoots out catching everyone off guard. As the dust settles a fiery glow floats to the ground from three burning skulls that float in the air.

OCC: Surprise round over - Round 1, Plz roll INIT and post an action even if you wish to wait. Monsters are AC 13 HP 5 brown dots are difficult terrian.

Attachments

• CC-DW flaming skulls rd1.jpg
    CC-DW flaming skulls rd1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 80

jackslate45

First Post
Elthos, who had his sword at the ready, charges forward, ducking low under Val's shield while getting ready to strike this new abomination.

OCC: I think I can charge through allies, but I will have to double check. If not, then just move me to J3 by way of H6, H5, H4, H3, I2, J3

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Bella reacts as quickly as she can, deciding that this was not a time to be a heroine. She moves back out of the fray and tries to figure out just what these things were. (Move to G10)

Turning to look at the ones around her, she asks, "You don't mind while I watch, do you?"

ghostcat

First Post
Piedra is itching to get up close and personal with the skulls. However, he has "his" bow in hand and an arrow already nocked. So, staying where he is, he shoot at one of the skulls.

[sblock=Action]Fire Blue arrow at skull in m6.
Shortbow +2 / DMG = 1d6, 20x3[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Valanar moves to help Elthos. The paladin moves as far around the thing as he can hoping to dispatch the creature and move on to the other two quickly.

OCC: Triessa and Szare to finish the round.

Shayuri

First Post
"Go get them," Triessa says softly, her eyes wide with fear.

As she begins casting a spell, Szare rushes forward at a monstrously swift pace, ducking low and making not a sound besides the pattering of his footsteps on the cold stone floor.

When he reaches the skull, his mouth gapes inhumanly wide, and displays the rows of sharklike teet within...just before clamping back together with a mouthful of skull!

(Actions - Triessa stays put and tries Acid splash on center skull. Szare moves to M8 and attacks the far right skull.)

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The flaming skull bit by Szare burst into pieces as the eidolon's powerful jaws clamp down on it. The flames go out instantly and Szare readies for another chance to bite something.

Elthos has to move around the armored paladin but he makes his way into melee with one of the hovering skulls. It's multi-toothed grin an eerie sight as it too wishes to bite something.

OCC: That is a no to charging through allies jackslate45. I see you are on please make your attack. AC 13 HP 5

Remove ads