• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Carrion Crown AP (The Deadwatchers) - IC

Shayuri

First Post
Triessa cleared her throat. "Is anyone keeping a map? I will if no one else is. A place like this may well have hidden rooms that will show up if we have a decently accurate map..."

"Anyway...I suspect the cells will be below. Much easier to keep control if there's no windows or outside walls for them to get through. This floor should be mostly for staff. I guess we just keep checking doors until we find what we need. We could also go back to that first room...there were several directions we could go from there, and this was only one of them."

Finally she shrugged. "I admit, I have no idea what specifically to do besides just bumbling on forward and hoping we stumble onto something."

ghostcat

First Post
"Bumbling around and hoping to stumble onto something is called exploring" says Piedra with a smile "Anyway we are here for information and I agree its more likely to be in the staff area than the cells. Besides, if the cells really are down there, there is likely to be an easier way down." Piedra thinks a bit and continues "But there again this is a prison, somaybe not."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Their probably was but according to the history of this place..."

DC25: At the time Harrowstone burned, five particularly notorious criminals had recently arrived at the prison. While the commonly held belief is that the tragic fire began accidentally after the riot began, in fact the prisoners had already seized control of the dungeon and had command of the lower level for several hours before the fire. Warden Hawkran triggered a deadfall to seal the rioting prisoners in the lower level, but in so doing trapped himself and nearly two dozen guards. The prisoners were in the process of escaping when the panicked guards accidentally started the fire in a desperate attempt to end the riot.

"... we will find it blocked off. Only the dead reside below so let us search all of this area first. That door,"
Valanar says pointing north. "looks promising. Elthos?"

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
With a nod, Elthos goes over to inspect the door, carefully determining if it is trapped, followed by making sure its not locked, and opening the door carefully.

ghostcat

First Post
Piedra draws and nocks another arrow. After a moments though he decides to use a white fletcher one. Bow ready he moves to the door behind Elthos.

Piedra checks that the doorway is safe, while he is waiting for Elthos to open the door.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group cautiously continues to explore the remains of the Harrowstone prison.

They find the next room (or what's left of it) to be empty and cautiously continue through the next door.

Several moldy cots lay strewn around this room, while doors to smaller, more private sleeping cells hang askew to the west. Judging from the rest of this rooms decor, this must have once been the prison's infirmary.
Debir and items lie all about the room. There are all types of instruments (both whole and broken) that were once used to treat the sick.

As the group slowly and cautiously enters items near the center of the room start to rise. The float in eerie silence in front of everyone and then...

... a creature of nightmare appears out of thin air to hover among them. It's tattered robes and skeletal visage are horrible to behold and everyone feels the chill of fear seep into their bones from the red glare of it's stare.

[sblock=OOC] How deep does that chill go? Let's find out. DC 14 Will saves or become frightened for d4 rounds (you may roll that as well if you fail your save).

The party will be up then. No need for INIT as there is only the group and the monster.[/sblock]

Attachments

• poltergist.jpg
    poltergist.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 75
  • CC-DW-1a.jpg
    CC-DW-1a.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(annnnnd...hosed again)

Triessa emits a thin shriek of panic and flees the room! Szare follows on her heels, leaving the party to its own devices!

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Bella tries to keep her nerves about her as the figure appears. She watches Triessa and Szar flee, as she calls out, "Don't run! Come back!" to no avail.

She turns back to the floating apparition, wondering just what to do...

jackslate45

First Post
With a look of fear in his eyes Elthos runs like hell.

OCC: Elthos has a +2 vs Fear effects and a +2 vs Enchantment effects. If either apply the roll is 2 higher.

Remove ads