D&D Movie/TV Check Out Hugh Grant's D&D Movie Costume!

Posted by the Daily Mail, Hugh Grant was pictured at Somerset's Wells Cathedral in full costume. Hugh Grant plays the villain in the movie, which also stars Chris Pine, Regé-Jean Page, Michelle Rodriguez, and Justice Smith. See the link for more photos! https://www.enworld.org/threads/photos-from-the-d-d-movie-set.680570

Posted by the Daily Mail, Hugh Grant was pictured at Somerset's Wells Cathedral in full costume. Hugh Grant plays the villain in the movie, which also stars Chris Pine, Regé-Jean Page, Michelle Rodriguez, and Justice Smith.

See the link for more photos!

1.jpg

I hadn't seen them @Mistwell, if that makes you feel any better, so thank you!

I see I'm out of date on the movie already - apparently Michelle Rodriguez confirmed she was playing a Barbarian, and Rege-Jean a Paladin. It really looks like Justice Smith is indeed playing a Wizard (as rumoured) from this.

Yardiff

Adventurer
Posted by the Daily Mail, Hugh Grant was pictured at Somerset's Wells Cathedral in full costume. Hugh Grant plays the villain in the movie, which also stars Chris Pine, Regé-Jean Page, Michelle Rodriguez, and Justice Smith.

See the link for more photos!

View attachment 138200

Thats not a movies costume thats just Tuesday for Mr. Grant. :)

G

Guest 7034872

Thats not a movies costume thats just Tuesday for Mr. Grant. :)
Sure! I mean, who doesn't walk around in 18th-century poet garb in a parking lot on a Tuesday afternoon during their lunch break? This is completely normal.

Also, I agree with folks' observations about Mr. Furley. He hasn't got Don Knotts' shocked facial expression, but who does?

If hyperbole is going to be the way you approach this, it isn't going to end well. Try to be more constructive, please.
Not trying to be hyperbolic, I honestly meant what I said. You just happen to not like my opinion. That should be fine in these forums, right?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Not trying to be hyperbolic, I honestly meant what I said. You just happen to not like my opinion. That should be fine in these forums, right?

It's hyperbolic. Movies in 2021 with non-white male villains;

• Spider-Man: No Way Home (Electro)
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Five Rings (Wenwu)
  • Fast and Furious 9 (Cipher)
  • Eternals (spoiler)

I can keep going down the list with Cruella, Space Jam, and more, but the biggest movies of 2021 have a diverse range of actors for both protagonists and antagonists, so maybe do a modicum of research before saying complete nonsense.

It's hyperbolic. Movies in 2021 with non-white male villains;

• Spider-Man: No Way Home (Electro)
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Five Rings (Wenwu)
  • Fast and Furious 9 (Cipher)
  • Eternals (spoiler)

I can keep going down the list with Cruella, Space Jam, and more, but the biggest movies of 2021 have a diverse range of actors for both protagonists and antagonists, so maybe do a modicum of research before saying complete nonsense.
I don't recall ever saying there wasn't any non white villain.

Last edited:

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I don't recall ever saying there wasn't any non white villain.

Quoting you;

Old white male people are the only group the could reliably be used as villains without provoking a freaking uprising now days.

I don't see anybody losing their mind over Electro or Cipher (or really any villain in a 2021 film), so the hyperbole is strong with this one.

Quoting you;

Old white male people are the only group the could reliably be used as villains without provoking a freaking uprising now days.

I don't see anybody losing their mind over Electro or Cipher (or really any villain in a 2021 film), so the hyperbole is strong with this one.
I do. Guess our experiences are just different. I'm going to just shrug and move on.

Remove ads

Remove ads