D&D Movie/TV Check Out These Previews Of Hasbro's New D&D 'FAST' Channel

3 shows launch very soon!

Hasbro's new FAST channel called Dungeons & Dragons: Adventures launches in less than two weeks. You'll be able to access by Amazon Freevee and Plex.It will launch with three new series--the comedy stream Faster, Purple Worm! Kill! Kill!, the Forgotten Realms adventurers based on an existing podcast Encounter Party, and the cooking show Heroes’ Feast. You can check out previews of all three below.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Huh. I might be wrong about the cartoon. I thought they put it on the D&D channel at one point.
IIRC, I don't think it's been legally streaming, ever, abd the DVD is out of print. I think they had to make a deal with somebody for this to happen, possibly Disney. So, money might be at the root of "why like this?"

Zaukrie

New Publisher
A lot of people just have the tv on in the background, especially cooking and home shows or stuff they've already seen. I sometimes do that with This Old House or Jamie Oliver, but mostly not.

There is more stuff on tv, for free, than there ever has been. You have to be able to put up with commercials, but to see even a tiny bit of what is free by paying, you'd be paying A LOT of money every month.

I prefer no commercials.....or the model where there are less breaks, but as many commercials. But, let's face it, outside Netlix, it isn't clear anyone is making money on streaming. And shows are literally being taken off the air. This gives a lot of people the chance to see stuff, for free (other than the time they spend watching commercials). I'd guess this is MUCH MORE annoying to younger audiences that aren't used to this.

One thing I hate about this model.....is that most shows on dedicated channels are shown 24x7 in order. There is no way I can watch old Dr Who that way. I can maybe handle 3 episodes at a time. by the time I come back, they are like 20 episodes (at least) ahead. So any show where the timeline matters at all (and that's a lot of fiction), this model stinks for multiple reasons.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
on demand viewing is a requirement in my book.

I must admit I thought this would have that after a show premiered.
Ya, it's tough for sure. Like, I turned it on the other day, and it was more than half way thru the cartoon's run. Who wants to start there? I think FAST works for other types of shows, but not serials (unless it is one you've seen too many times, like Friends or whatever).

Remove ads

Remove ads