Check Out This Beefed-Up CR17 Strahd!

EN World member dave2008 maintains what is, in my opinion, one of the most useful, fun, and interesting threads on the whole forum. His 5E Epic Monster Updates thread contains dozens of gods (of the greater, intermediate, lesser, and demi flavours), primordials, demon princes, archdevils, dukes of hell, aberrations, abominations, constructs, dragons, elemental lords, arch-fey, monstrosities, and undead. While the thread is great to read at any time, he's just added a beefed-up CR17 version of Strahd von Zarovich (he's CR15 in Curse of Strahd). You can see it below, but click on the image and check out all of his epic monsters, as well as his 5E Epic Characters thread.

EN World member dave2008 maintains what is, in my opinion, one of the most useful, fun, and interesting threads on the whole forum. His 5E Epic Monster Updates thread contains dozens of gods (of the greater, intermediate, lesser, and demi flavours), primordials, demon princes, archdevils, dukes of hell, aberrations, abominations, constructs, dragons, elemental lords, arch-fey, monstrosities, and undead. While the thread is great to read at any time, he's just added a beefed-up CR17 version of Strahd von Zarovich (he's CR15 in Curse of Strahd). You can see it below, but click on the image and check out all of his epic monsters, as well as his 5E Epic Characters thread.

Faenor

Explorer
Well the intent was to follow the official with minor tweaks, that being said it is also intended to be played with his lair actions in CoS. Are you familiar with them, because the are great fun I think. I wasn't trying to do anything special.

Now any chance you want to be constructive and provide some ideas to make it less boring?

Always a gentleman.

evilbob

Explorer
Spoiler-ish

I'm not sure why people think Strahd needs to be boosted or that the boost wouldn't be enough; he's nearly impossible to kill. Unless you do 100% of his (possibly extended) health in one round, he'll just leave. Now, to be fair, I've seen parties that can nova for 200 damage in a round at level 10. But even then he can't die - with the one exception that you are within running distance to his tomb. If you can get to his tomb and corner him within the hour, you've got it - although I suppose he could flood the room with undead while you're waiting. The other option is to use sunlight against him; unfortunately this does makes him too easy to kill, since it negates his mist form. If you can cover him in sunlight AND do 100% of this HP in a nova, that would work - and really, beefing his stats won't change that much. But if you can do that, the point is that you deserve to win.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads