Citadel of the Iron Crown - Burglars in Mirkwood

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Shayuri said:
"As for the three escapees...I had already planned on looking for their tracks. Though if they have any woodcraft, they will have had ample time to cover them by now. We will see."
"They tend to trip over things in the dark," jabs Baran with a darting look Handel's way. He starts pointing, two-fingered : "Ul, you'll be with her in case there's trouble. Aerec, you too. Be helpful, be polite, be everything I'm not. First light, here at the hut... If that'sss alright?" *He's* the one asking a favor after all.

<Response Aranel?>

"Those two - those two we'll stash in the cold cellar for now. <I'm assuming we have one since it's hard to keep food for long without it.> We'll get to talking on the morrow," he assures Handel, though the hobbit doesn't look all that reassured actually. "Anything I forgot?"

<Response any?>

<Assuming not :
"No? Let's do it then." And he grabs the male hobbit by the chair.

Shayuri said:
Aranel gives Baran a startled look at that question, then starts to laugh...then stops abruptly when she sees the question is in earnest.

"I...they're beasts of legend, Baran. I wouldn't have any idea. But I can't imagine that this 'Black Grendel' is something like that. Something like that would have no need of subtlety or guile...it would simply take what it wanted and set the woods aflame."

She shakes her head firmly. "You may as well ask if he could be a dragon!"
"Yes.... well... You started it, as I recall." Elven laughter is a strange thing, really -- not of his world, not of this hut... Rather nice though, like a painting you don't quite understand.

<Response Aranel?>

Binder Fred, 1½...

Binder Fred

<OOC: Hey there all,
Last message before the big push. I'll be back on the first of the month or therebout, probably no e-mailing till then.

I suggest Baran stay in camp for now and join up later, either when the group send a messenger back that they've found something (Gellion is going to be tagging along, right?) or at the Aerec dell (say Baran tried to find the place himself and happened upon it) or occupy himself in camp if the foray is fairly advanced by the time I get back. I leave it up to you guys.

Back IC :
"Me? I'll be running the camp, of course, pulling up Ul and Aerec's share of the covers best I can. The horses are going to love me, the shaggy bah-" a look Aranel's way "- easts of burden."

<OOC: Baran will examine the scroll after Aranel has left for the night (where does she sleep anyway?). http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=4293230&postcount=195

Binder fred, Blastoff! :cool:

Fenris

Adventurer
Well then....

Thalion listens carefully.

"I think Black Grendel may be either a large orc or perhaps a troll. Most likely a lieutenant at the fortress in southern Mirkwood.

Aranel notices that Thalion avoided calling the place by it's name.

Binder Fred

Hey there folks! Back from camping, sun-burned, mosquito-bitten and happy as a clam. :)

Has there been some trouble on your side? I can see the new thread http://www.enworld.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4321806&postcount=1 but no player-posts in it (?). I'd also like to activate my "examine the scroll" bit. I was planning it after Aranel and Thalion have left the cabin, but if they want to stay for it Baran has no objections. Barring a personal/family/clan oriented surprise, Baran will share any info gathered with the others anyway.

Binder Fred, the camping god.

Remove ads