• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Citadel of the Iron Crown - Burglars in Mirkwood

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Generates a random number between 1 and 3. One nice thing about invisible castle is that it can roll dice that couldn't actually exist in the real world. :))

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Belly slides to a halt besides the scuffle and starts barking, excited like there's no tomorrow.

<OOC: 1d3 IRL = 1d6/2. An actually, that should be 1d3+2, now that I think about it.

Binder Fred, remember your friends.

Dlsharrock

First Post
Yuurs, but why is Binder_Fred rolling 1d3 is my confusion? I realise its an [edit: damage] roll, but that should be 1d2 for an unnarmed strike?? I suspect I'm missing something blindingly obvious.

Edit: ok, blindingly obvious- dwarves are medium, not small, so 1d3 unarmed strike damage. Binder_Fred, your character sheet had written 1d2+2 for some reason, which threw me somewhat. Don't know where you're getting the +2 bonus from though.

Last edited:

Dlsharrock

First Post
OOC: Str bonus? Do you normally add the Str mod to unnarmed strikes? I always thought that was melee *weapons* only. Have I been playing it wrong all this time?? Oh geez.

[SBLOCK=On that note, An OOC Message (for the group as a whole)]
I just wanted to apologise for my fairly sub-standard DMing of mechanics in this game so far. It's true I've been out of D&D for a year, and I've never forum played the game, only around a tabletop (my forum games have always been freeform or used a simple homespun system). Even so, I thought my grasp of the RAW was pretty good, yet for some reason I'm struggling like hell with this game. I hope it's not spoiling things too much for too many people and I can only promise to do my best to get my act together. I can really only put it down to tiredness (12 to 13 hour days last week) but that would be making excuses. Probably a good thing I have a five day weekend coming up nevertheless :)

Having looked through some of the games on Enworld, I also realise that this thread is horribly messy. My fault again. I'll go back through today and tidy things up and add a proper intro post with map etc so its a bit more what folks are used to. In future I'll try to keep things tidier and easier to follow.
Thanks for your patience while I climb the Enworld learning curve.

[/SBLOCK]
Aurvandil draws his horse to a stop and hauls on the reigns, pulling his steed around. But the horse is agitated by the sudden rush of activity and its trampling of the burglar and Aurvandil has a hard time controlling the turn. The burglar is still on the floor and groaning, apparently too stunned to get to his or her feet.

[SBLOCK=Necro_Kinder's OOC Info]Failed Ride check. Aurvandil can return to the fallen burglar in round 4[/SBLOCK]
Ulfang/Baran grapple: I'd like to know that renau1g is happy for Ulfang to hand over his catch before I moderate further on this situation. And still need Attack roll, unnarmed strike damage roll and opposed Grapple check from Redclaw for scuffle in the treeline.

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Running full speed, Aerec struggles to time his attack well. He misjudges the fleeing burglar's next step and stumbles to correct himself, unable to grab the thief.

[sblock=ooc] attack: 11 damage: 3 Grapple: 19 (rolls ).[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Str bonus/penalty applies to any melee attack and damage, unless there's a specific ability that modifies that (Weapon Finesse for example). Don't worry about it though...D&D is a labyrinth of rules. :))

renau1g

First Post
As Baran arrives, and if he appears to have the enemy under control, Ulfang will gladly hand him over to the dwarf. "I was gentle compared to the dwarf, little one." Ulfang laughs as he gets up and attempts to see where he can best help. If he sees Aerec battling the foes from horseback, he'll run to catch up to the horseman.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads