Clawed Swordmage

Just think of this armor with the . . . is it 'whirling blade?' 'Swooping blade?' The 1st level Swordsage daily that throws your weapon at several people until it hits one, then brings the weapon back.

I personally would flavorize that power as you extending your clawed gauntlet, and shooting forth ghostly claws, but it could be just as fun (albeit silly) if you actually fired your hand as a projectile.

James McMurray

First Post
Basic Melee Attack is a power, by definition.

It doesn't permit a weapon, it permits an attack, which is described as a basic melee attack. Said attack IS a power. Please check p 287 for basic melee attack. If it were a weapon, that'd be unnecessary, because weapons are accessories for the power you already have.

Read the item. It says it is a weapon. I don't understand how you can say it isn't a weapon when it says twice that it is. Perhaps you're looking at the first version, not the updated (and quoted) one?

James McMurray

First Post
And it's not terrible- What's the cost for a +1 armor and +1 weapon seperately? And what is the level/cost of this item? It's also a +3 1d8 weapon you can use with a shield, -and- as a rogue, without proficiency.

This isn't bad -at all.-

1) We're not talking about a rogue, so that point is moot.

2) What's the benefits of a +1 armor with a defensive power and a +1 weapon with an offensive power compared to a +1 armor with mediocre offense and 0 defense beyond the base enhancement? I already agreed that you save money, but that's not enough to make it a good item IMO.

DracoSuave

First Post
Then why did you continue to insist it's not a weapon.

Because it's not a weapon. It's an attack. Attacks are not weapons. It -uses- a weapon provided -for- that attack. Nothing in there makes said weapon available for other attacks.

'Here's a car. It has an engine built in.' 'So I have an engine for my lawn mower then!' 'No, you have a car, with an engine built in.'

This uses the exact same logical framework.

DracoSuave

First Post
First sentance: Gain a claw attack while wearing this armor.
Last sentance: This attack counts as a basic melee attack.

Not included: Instructions permitting you to use said weapon with other powers.

Conclusion: The property is an attack. The property -tells you- you gain an attack. You can disagree with the -property- telling you what it is, but that'd be foolish.

Like I said, I didn't -stop reading- at 'weapon'.

All that said, what armor types does it allow?

Last edited:

Remove ads