• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cold Truths (part 1: The Missing Duke)

D20Dazza

Explorer
Gerard stays in the corridor, his nerves tense, on gaurd, his long sword gripped tightly in his hand, his wooden shield held resolutely in front "C'mon, C'mon" he says impatiently under his breath.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Gerard Verita

"Not when you're yapping back at me you're not" the stubby human growls back, every nerve as taut as a fully drawn bow string. Suddenley his shoulders slump and he wipes at his eyes "Ahh forgive me Tyler, this venture has my back up. OK?". Some of the tension leaving him he goes back to watching the rear.

Lazlow

First Post
Oh, for pete's sake...

"I'm gonna regret this, I just know it,"
Swipe mutters quietly to himself. He takes a deep breath and squeezes his way past the two in front of him - under their legs, if necessary - and into the room, holding his nose, sword out front.

taitzu52

First Post
"This room concerns me less with what might be watching us from down that hall." Uri says, as he steps back towards the main entrance.

mps42

First Post
Swipe pushes his way through the larger menand into the room itself. Like the others there is a pile of debris that was once a bed and a small bureau. The smell in this room is a palpable, almost visible stench. Something akin to rancid meat or an un-tended compost pile.
The bed is covered with a tattered and torn quilt that has what appear to be bloodstains on it and a smallish lump under the quilt.
The bureau is in poor shape as well, looking like it's been beaten several times with both blunt and edged weapons.

Woden
[sblock] You realize that both the growl-grunt noise and metallic clanging have stopped. They both stopped around the time that Tyler kicked in the door. [/sblock]

OOC: welcome to D20Dazza! Hope you enjoy the rest of the game...

Attachments

• Manor1.jpg
    Manor1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Lazlow

First Post
Making a wide berth around the bed and the stench emanating from it, Swipe makes his way to the bureau to see if it's open.

Krug

Newshound
Woden follows behind, scanning the room. He's feeling out of sorts, and whines softly, wishing he was back out in the wild.

mps42

First Post
Lazlow said:
Making a wide berth around the bed and the stench emanating from it, Swipe makes his way to the bureau to see if it's open.
The bed definitly gives you the creeps and there is something about that fills you with a feeling of dread. Almost as if it is rpelling you from it.
Upon closer inspection, the bureau doors definitly look as though attemps have been made to open in with all sorts of insruments, however the bureau is closed and locked with a very intricate looking lock.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads