D&D 5E Companion thread to 5E Survivor - Subclasses (Part XIII: Warlock)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
There's also the issue that long winded curses and hexes like that feel a little too evil for a PC option to me.

And even if you use it on a VILLAIN, waiting around a couple weeks for the bad guy to keel over from an evil eye feels really inefficient compared to a good ol’ stabbin’
Two things. First, not all campaigns are about heroes of light and justice. Some are about a party of downright bad folk. Second, witches can curse or aid, a PC witch aiding a farmer's ailing crops over a matter of weeks is also possible.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
There's also the issue that long winded curses and hexes like that feel a little too evil for a PC option to me.

And even if you use it on a VILLAIN, waiting around a couple weeks for the bad guy to keel over from an evil eye feels really inefficient compared to a good ol’ stabbin’
Sure, but if the villain is Lord Southrock, and you jump him when he's passing through the town square and shank him to death, there will be more massive repercussions than if he passes away from a wasting disease in bed in a few weeks. In any case, I'm not sure how the evil eye is more inherently "evil" than the eldritch blast (at least, aside from the name!)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Sure, but if the villain is Lord Southrock, and you jump him when he's passing through the town square and shank him to death, there will be more massive repercussions than if he passes away from a wasting disease in bed in a few weeks. In any case, I'm not sure how the evil eye is more inherently "evil" than the eldritch blast (at least, aside from the name!)
Maybe it's like 1e where Gygax felt converting someone to good by the sword and then murdering them before they could backslide was LG, but poisoning someone was evil and most classes couldn't use it. :p

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Maybe it's like 1e where Gygax felt converting someone to good by the sword and then murdering them before they could backslide was LG, but poisoning someone was evil and most classes couldn't use it. :p
Yeah, Gary's AD&D alignment system was... interesting. I did like when other games took alignments and cranked them up to 11, like Palladium.

Undrave

Legend
Two things. First, not all campaigns are about heroes of light and justice. Some are about a party of downright bad folk. Second, witches can curse or aid, a PC witch aiding a farmer's ailing crops over a matter of weeks is also possible.
Plant Growth's 8 hours version can already help with the yield of crops over the next year so that's not out of the realm of possibility.
I just feel like, if Lord Southrock is being abusive to his serfs and people are dying from hunger or whatever... might as well get rid of him NOW rather than later :p

Plus, consequences are just the seeds of more adventures :p

Remove ads