Considering a Clone Wars SAGA game

grufflehead

First Post
Grufflehead: sounds fine to me.What model are you thinking? And, most importantly, what's your rationalization for killing the droid army?

I'm going for a protocol droid, pretty much like C3PO. Except useful, obviously. And less of a dork. I've managed to borrow the core book, Scum & Villainy and 1 more but not the droid one (which my buddy didn't have). From a quick flick, I can assume the base 3PO chassis and then assign stats and have to take one of the basic classes? Scoundrel seems like the obvious choice and a level of Independent Droid.; I don't plan on getting my circuits dirty so any chance I can swap that Point Blank Shot feat for something useful?

Why am I fighting the droid army? 2 reasons: my boss (I'm thinking that nice Senator Organa unless that screws up your plot?) asked me nicely, and because that Grievous guy's eyes are too close together. Shifty, if you ask me, and that's not becoming in a droid (unless it's me).

I recommend you watch the clone wars TV show, however. I will be drawing heavily on it throughout the story. In fact...

1) watch Attack of the Clones (skip Phantom Menace, as it sucked; only Darth Maul happened).
2) Watch the Clone Wars movie, and the series.
3) Watch Revenge of the Sith. You can do this before the show, as it doesn't change anything, and everyone already watched it before they started the series.
:D

Think I've done 1 and 3 at some point. Will try and track down 2 for background purposes.

Need to work up stats but I think I know where I'm going. A bit surprised at the lack of non-combat feat choices, but a poor droid has to manage somehow...

EDIT: Going away for the first part of the weekend. There are a couple of games shops where I'm going so will look for the droid book. If I can't find it I'll make do with what I've got access to. Will have some stats up for approval by Sunday or Monday.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Hehee... I'll say it up front, I'm a slow poster. Possum can testify on that :D. Regardless, I'm one of the geekiest SW geeks there is, and SAGA is my all time favourite game system. So, eventhough I said earlier that I'm already in enough games, if you are willing to accept one more who posts maybe a little too scarsely, I'd love in.

grufflehead

First Post
Name: Z3R0
Designation: Protocol Droid
Class: Scoundrel 4/Independent Droid 1

STR 10
DEX 10
CON -
INT 16
WIS 16
CHA 16

Init: +0
HP: 33
Fort: N/A
Ref: 19
Will: 23

Feats: Skill Focus: Use Computer (OK to swap this for Point Blank Shot?), Informer (use Perception in place of Gather Information), Skill Focus: Perception, Skill Focus: Deception, Skill Focus: Persuasion

Talents: Knack x2 (re-roll any D20 check 2/day), Etiquette (when using Persuasion to change attitudes, positive change is +1 category)

Skills: Persuasion +15, Deception +15, Stealth +7, Perception +17, Knowledge (Bureaucracy) +10, Use Computer +15, Mechanics +10

Gear: Magnetic feet, 1kg locked smuggling compartment, Translator Unit (DC15), Backup Processor, Improved Sensors (low light vision), Commlink

Tools: Lockpick, Welding Torch, Flashlight, Computer Interface, Grappling line, Laser cutter, Halon fire extinguisher

Languages: Basic, Binary, +3 TBA

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Let's start with the CORE books.

Unless everyone in the group has access to another book, ask specifically which item/talent you want from another book and I'll take a look at it. I don't want people to feel left behind.

And yeah, not many non-combat feats. Keep in mind they were doing 4e while doing SAGA!

How many finished characters have we got?

Padreigh

First Post
If you are okay with him, Gareth looks like this:

Gareth Farstrider CL 5

Medium Human Jedi 4/scout 1
Init +10; Senses Perception +9
Languages Basic, Huttese

Defenses Ref 20 (flat-footed 17), Fort 18, Will 18; Block, Deflect, Evasion
hp 56; Threshold 17

Speed 6 squares
Melee by weapon +4
Ranged by weapon +7
Base Atk +4; Grp +7
Force Powers Known (Use The Force +12) Force grip, Force slam (2), mind trick, move object, surge

Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 10
Talents Block, Deflect, Evasion
Feats Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Finesse, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Initiative +10, Knowledge (galactic lore) +8, Perception +9, Pilot +10, Stealth +10, Survival +9, Use the Force +12

Equipment: Lightsabre, Utility belt, Jedi Robes (have seen better days), blaster pistol

I still keep Charisma low, because I like grumpy Jedi :)

fireinthedust

Explorer
Looking great so far.

Everyone who's got a character finished and still wants to play, post your character today. As soon as I've got 5 we'll start. If I get enough, I'll post the opening of the game tonight. If I have to wait until tomorrow, I can do that also.

I'm also looking for a link to a way I can post Star Wars crawls for the openings of these games. Anyone know of one that works?

grufflehead

First Post
OK, have amended sheet in post above. As far as gear goes, I had it in mind to have a number of 'things' in the end of his fingers - the end opens up to reveal the bit of gear in question. So I've got a light, a welding torch etc - OK with that?

Otherwise, I think I'm ready to go. I've got languages to select but am happy to be guided according to where we are as I'm not too familiar with the SW universe.

Description wise, Z3R0 is effectively C3P0 in looks (except he's more a metallic steel colour instead of shiny gold...), and talks in the same sort of way (but in a voice more closely resembling somebody like Chris Cooper). Outwardly, he is the classic helpful protocol droid, but as I assume the 'party' have either met before or been briefed on each others' abilities, so they'll know he has a number of other 'talents' in addition to acting as liaison for them.

fireinthedust

Explorer
those look fine. Do we have all 5 characters yet? (counts in head) Wait, no only 3. Unless Insight is still with us, at which point 4 is good enough.

Hmmm... you three want to give it a go anyway?

If so I'll post tomorrow.

Remove ads