Spelljammer Convert 5E to 2E (Spelljammer?)

Zardnaar

Legend
Probably going to wrap my campaign up tonight as I'm not really enjoying it, it's not doing it for me and creativity wise I've got a wall.

Talk of 2E on the forums is calling me and I kinda want a break or use Tasha's in a new campaign designed to incorporate it.

Mental exercise for fun. I doubt we will play 2E but gonna suggest it tonight. Races can be changed rules on MCing and dual classing can be relaxed.

Current party all lvl 7/ 2E conversion

Human Eldritch Knight. Fighter 7/wizard 3 dual class.

Artificer Human. Level 6/6 fighter/artificer wizard.

Warforged Storm Sorcerer. Now idea variant spellpoint wizard spells and magic.

Light clerics. Lvl 8 specialty priest of lathendar.

Divine Soul 6/death cleric 1. Specialty priest death God or a Magic God lvl 8.

Dragonkin Paladin. Paladin 7 or fighter/cleric 6/6.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'd definitely allow all races to be able to multiclass or dual class. I'd probably make the eldritch knight a straight fight/wizard multiclass rather than dual class.

I'd probably drop the stat requirements for classes but still keep the prime requisites so although someone can be a paladin without a high charisma, they only get that bonus xp if they have strength and charisma at 16.

Probably easier to use the speciality priests that already exist, but something I like to do is work out a spells & magic cleric for each speciality keeping it within +/1 5 points of the 120 allotted to them. This is what I did for a death priest when I was just playing around with the spells and magic customisation:
Death Cleric 123/120. Spheres (Major: All, Astral, Divination, Healing, Necromantic; Minor: Charm, Combat, Guardian, Protection, Summoning); Detect Undead 1/day/2 levels; Access to the Necromancy wizard school; Command Undead; Resist Energy Drain (+1 to save against death magic, attempt a saving throw at -4 even if it doesn’t normally allow it); Armour restricted to medium
For the storm sorcerer, if you look up baldur's gate 2 or icewind dale enhanced books, they have sorcerer as a 2e class which you can use for the storm sorcerer, will probably be mostly just them choosing mostly themed spells rather than any other benefits. Another option might be to suggest that they become an air elementalist wizard. That speciality class and the signature spell proficiency from spells and magic for lightning bolt or something will get them their storm sorcerer flavour.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'd definitely allow all races to be able to multiclass or dual class. I'd probably make the eldritch knight a straight fight/wizard multiclass rather than dual class.

I'd probably drop the stat requirements for classes but still keep the prime requisites so although someone can be a paladin without a high charisma, they only get that bonus xp if they have strength and charisma at 16.

Probably easier to use the speciality priests that already exist, but something I like to do is work out a spells & magic cleric for each speciality keeping it within +/1 5 points of the 120 allotted to them. This is what I did for a death priest when I was just playing around with the spells and magic customisation:

For the storm sorcerer, if you look up baldur's gate 2 or icewind dale enhanced books, they have sorcerer as a 2e class which you can use for the storm sorcerer, will probably be mostly just them choosing mostly themed spells rather than any other benefits. Another option might be to suggest that they become an air elementalist wizard. That speciality class and the signature spell proficiency from spells and magic for lightning bolt or something will get them their storm sorcerer flavour.

I completely forgot about the air elementalist wizard.

Spell point option from Spelks and Magic boom done.

Thinking of letting demi humans dual class, humans MCung and no level limits. Probably keep racial and class restrictions but depends on what the players want.

Yeah fighter/mage mages better sense for EK.

Zardnaar

Legend
How are you doing dragonborn for 2e? Just give them a strength bonus, breath weapon and resistance?

Haven't thought that far ahead. It's dragon kin so probably +1 charisma. Probably +1 strength which is really good in 2E and Poison resistance similar to dwarf. Breathe weapon maybe won't be great though.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Just remembered that they had half-dragons which you could use as a base. They could gain more draconic abilities as they levelled but if there are any concerns about balance then you could just look at their base stats. Not sure if they had them for all dragon types though

Zardnaar

Legend
Just remembered that they had half-dragons which you could use as a base. They could gain more draconic abilities as they levelled but if there are any concerns about balance then you could just look at their base stats. Not sure if they had them for all dragon types though

Yeah I think I list my book that had half dragons in them. Not sure on that one.

There's not much room there.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases