• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Epic Level Creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Yeah, I'd probably start with Dagon, boost Dex a little and reduce Con a little. Maybe Str 36, Dex 16, Con 34?

Nookie

Explorer
I dunno he is half slug, how high can his dex be? Seeing as how his origonal stats had max hp i think he should maybe have a higher con.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Hmm. That's a good point. But I wouldn't want him to be "better" than the demon lords, either. What about Str 34, Dex 12, Con 40?

Cleon

Legend
Yeah, I'd probably start with Dagon, boost Dex a little and reduce Con a little. Maybe Str 36, Dex 16, Con 34?

Hmm, we could give Ythog a "maximum hp" ability like we did the Dense Pudding?

Hearty (Ex): When fully healed, a dense pudding always has the maximum number (10 + Con modifier) of hit points per HD.

As for the stats, we seem to be agreed Fiendish Codex I Dagon's stats are in the right ballpark and could be used with a little tweaking.

Also consider the Fiendish Codex II stats for Baalzebul, the slug-bodied Arch-Devil whose physical form is very similar to Ythog-Nthlei.

[FONT=&quot]Dagon, Prince of the Darkened Depths
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fiendish Codex I[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Gargantuan; CR 22; HD 25 (462 hp); AC 42, touch 7, flat-footed 41; SR 33; Abilities Str 36, Dex 12, Con 38, Int 22, Wis 25, Cha 16[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Baalzebul, Lord of the Seventh [Arch-Devil]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fiendish Codex II: Huge, CR 23; HD 30 (495 hp); AC 47, touch 9, flat-footed 46; SR 31; Abilities Str 39, Dex 13, Con 34, Int 28, Wis 27, Cha 25[/FONT]

Nookie

Explorer
averaged that Str 37 dex 12 con 36. I would say his mental stats are closer to dagons with the exception of charisma which should be higher he is the leader of a cult.

I know dagon is as well But all he has to impress is fish. Hell i can do that with a jar of flakes and going here fishy fishy.

Cleon

Legend
averaged that Str 37 dex 12 con 36. I would say his mental stats are closer to dagons with the exception of charisma which should be higher he is the leader of a cult.

I know dagon is as well But all he has to impress is fish. Hell i can do that with a jar of flakes and going here fishy fishy.

The physical stats are fine by me, but I'd prefer giving him Baalzebul's superior mental stats as he's a King who appears tohave run a very sophisticated if unspeakably alien multidimensional civilization.

We can shuffle the order around though. Instead of Int 28, Wis 27, Cha 25, I'd go for Int 25, Wis 27, Cha 28.

Putting that together gives us:

Ythog-Nthlei: Str 37, Dex 12, Con 36, Int 25, Wis 27, Cha 28.

For its Armour Class, I am thinking we should aim around AC 42, so how about:

Armour Class: 42 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +9 deflection, +8 insight, +18 natural), touch 24, flat-footed 41.

[Deflection bonus equals Cha bonus, Insight bonus equals Wisdom bonus]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads