Cubicle whiteboard: Book titles we'll never [use]

Fallen Seraph

First Post
HeavenShallBurn said:
Actually a modern game based on the weird crap that goes on around unused second tier highways and abandoned gas/rest stops could be interesting. Pull a 1st Wave, X-files, Supernatural sort of vibe.

If you like nWoD/Storytelling System you should check out one of the newest books out right now: Midnight Roads

The roads are lovely, dark and deep…

There are things in the world that no laws account for – things that bestow blessings no man remembers or curses for slights long past. But the things, they do not forget. They wait for the right hand to fall upon them, the right eyes to see their glory, the right heart to recognize their power.

Midnight Roads includes:
• A host of story hooks, sample locations and supporting characters suitable for chronicles on the go
• New systems for car repair, hotwiring and vehicle modifications
• Contains new Merits related to stunt driving and survival on the road in the World of Darkness

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
I used to play oWoD for a while but it was always a chore. Me and the system never clicked, their settings and themes I liked but usually had to move to another system. Either way that looks like one I'll have to look at, fluff could be moved to Interlock or whatever seemed best.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
You should test out the new system atleast, you can get the main corebook and thats it. It has all the rules in it, and is based around playing a human (will also help in understanding some rules in Midnight Roads).

I find the new system alot simpler (in the good way :p) and easier to manage everything.

Adorable Woodland Creatures of Faerun

I could so see Chaotic Evil PCs using that book to pick their next target :p

GAAAHHH

First Post
HeavenShallBurn said:
Actually a modern game based on the weird crap that goes on around unused second tier highways and abandoned gas/rest stops could be interesting. Pull a 1st Wave, X-files, Supernatural sort of vibe.

Have you read Dark Matter? (The Alternity version is best, but there is a d20 book too)

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
GAAAHHH said:
Have you read Dark Matter? (The Alternity version is best, but there is a d20 book too)
Don't think I've ever seen any of the Dark Matter books around. Certainly heard about it, but never gotten a chance to take a look at it.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Hah! I think I found out hongs trick:
http://www.gleemax.com/Comms/Pages/Communities/BlogPost.aspx?blogpostid=15056&pagemode=2&blogid=2116

That at least gives us the Designer Blogs - only links, there is no way to know when they have been last updated or something fancy like that... So maybe hong has still something else up on his sleeve... But I probably won't know, since he's so evasive about it. I don't want to get involved into the Dark Arts...

I remember that page, but because it doesn't give any indication about last updated or anything (and I don't fancy clicking through 20 odd links just to find out) I never look there.

What they could really do with is a system which kept all the blogs in one place, sorted them in 'date most recently updated' order and highlighted those that had changed since you last visited.

Uh, like they used to have :(

Cheers

Remove ads