• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Planescape- In Through the Out Door (Full)

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] I'm leaning toward the mimir since that seems the least strain on the group (in terms of combat complexity) and no one seems to have particularly strong opinions (at least, not yet). Truthfully I am open to any of the ideas I put forward, or almost anything else for that matter if it fits into the sort of game [MENTION=6781406]Unsung[/MENTION] is going for.

Hey, I'm trying to catch up with what's happened in the RP thread....would anyone be willing to give me the cliff notes version? Like how your group connected, why they're working together, who their employer is, what sort of conflict or adventure they are facing currently?

Quickleaf

Legend
EDIT: Ack, holy flurry of posting and double-posting! Sorry, I missed your vote, [MENTION=21379]goatunit[/MENTION], that's one for a full PC, a tank of some kind, leaning toward bariaur range/fighter.

And one from Shayuri for a spell book familiar or mimir.

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
TLDR version - most of us bamfed into the alley, the native PCs found us, Drone was found in the garbage heap, no one knows anyone else except the pixie and the satyr (they know each other) and now we're all following Eurid because he's the only one who seems to have a clue. :D

She's got the right of it. We're all basically just a bunch of clueless bumpkins save for Eurid. We just barely formed our group. We've no clue where we're headed or what we're doing or who anyone is. Hell, some of us don't even know who or what WE are ourselves (coughcough*Shard*cough*Picayune*coughcough).

So, really, it's the perfect time for you to join in!

Quickleaf

Legend
TLDR version - most of us bamfed into the alley, the native PCs found us, Drone was found in the garbage heap, no one knows anyone else except the pixie and the satyr (they know each other) and now we're all following Eurid because he's the only one who seems to have a clue. :D

Ah, poor Drone. Unless...spare parts in the trash heap?

Meet and greet, pretty much? Any direction or purpose...or is that yet to come?

EDIT: Ninj'ad by Shayuri!

Pembinasa

First Post
Pretty much what [MENTION=6755061]Kiraya_TiDrekan[/MENTION] said, yeah. I just wanted to add my vote for 'holy crap, you've got some damned impressive ideas to work with here!' While I'm a bit greedy about wanting a unique and smartassing familiar of some sort (although that Adaptor sounds mighty fun too; Plane of Mirrors?) all of the options seem well worth the fleshing out.

In terms of keeping track while only posting a couple times a week, I would suggest a noncombat role like the mimir or one of the familiars; this business just flew right by me while I tried to take care of RL concerns after Sunday afternoon. In terms of familiars, I think the phase spider or the spellbook would be slightly more viable an option; you never know how rare a reflective surface will be when we get out of Sigil.

Incidentally, does anyone know a way to extend the subscription on a thread? I keep having my email notifications cut out after about three comments, and that's putting me WAY behind when I'm trying to keep up with quick-paced threads like these.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
From my experience, if you put your subscriptions on "instant" it sends an e-mail and then doesn't send another one until you have checked in on the thread, regardless of how many replies there are after that initial one that triggered the e-mail. I've never had a problem with the notifications not occurring, though.

Quickleaf

Legend
Hmm, if we are determining my contributing character by votes so far we've got...

2 votes for either the Mimir or a Familiar
1 vote for Full Planar PC
1 vote for Secret Villain Disguised as PC (and is actually just a servant of real villain unwittingly) ;)
[MENTION=6776473]Pembinasa[/MENTION] Yeah, I like the idea of being a smartass jaded familiar who knows too much for its own good being saddled with a 'country bumpkin' wizard who the familiar learns to appreciate and be loyal to. In a smartass way. :)

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I don't think adding one additional player will make the game significantly slower, so I say QL plays what we wants to play. I agree we could use a fighter, but a familiar or whatever other kookie ideas are floating around should be fine too. Just my $.02 of course :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads