D&D and the rising pandemic

Which is why authorities should better explain why they have authority.
Because they are democratically elected by the people and therefore are given the authority by the people and are responsible to the people? How about that? Or, in the case of Communist China, the state gives itself authority and doesn't need to explain itself. Which is why they were able to build 30 emergency hospitals in a matter of weeks.

For all your tortuous semantics I sincerely hope you do not lose someone close to you, an elderly relative perhaps or someone with an underlying health condition, due to coronavirus. If you do you'll quickly realise your clever thinking means absolutely nothing compared to the loss of a loved one. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is important anymore when you experience grief from bereavement.

Zardnaar

Legend
Because they are democratically elected by the people and therefore are given the authority by the people and are responsible to the people? How about that? Or, in the case of Communist China, the state gives itself authority and doesn't need to explain itself. Which is why they were able to build 30 emergency hospitals in a matter of weeks.

For all your tortuous semantics I sincerely hope you do not lose someone close to you, an elderly relative perhaps or someone with an underlying health condition, due to coronavirus. If you do you'll quickly realise your clever thinking means absolutely nothing compared to the loss of a loved one. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is important anymore when you experience grief from bereavement.
Apparently the hospitals were concrete boxes used for propaganda. Chinese construction not the best and some had no running water or sewage or beds.

So did they technically build them. Yes. Were they what we would call a hospital no.

Lack of regulation also caused it with wet markets. Public street get used as slaughter houses with no separation of species. So blood and viruses mix. That was bird flu with bird and human virus transmitted and mixing into pigs.

Basically no one gives a crap, everyone is happy to scam each other and it's dog eat dog. Good for us we export milk powder.

Chinese propaganda works well enough.

There's videos online of them bulldozing live pigs into pits and setting them on fire. Good money on pork in China atm.

Last edited:

Thankfully some if us live in sane countries. We're outperforming the USA in almost every metric and getting close economically per capita. Due to wealth distribution I think we might be beating the US there as well.

We're good at farming and put common sense additives to the vegetables.
Eh, Way of the Four Elements indicated that he is not American and come from a country that has wine production. He may be physically closer to you than you want to recognize.

gnarlygninja

Explorer
1) Why didn't the airline screen him if they were worried?

2) Why were people outside their homes if they didn't want to risk exposure?
I'm curious, if everyone is the master of their own domain and their personal authority is paramount, why you immediately shift the blame of a harmful action from the person who took it and place it on everyone else in the situation?

seebs

Adventurer
Sensationalist. Modern commercial satellites can see down to about half a meter.

So being able to be seen from space isn't impressive any more.

Okay, that's fair.

But given how quickly it's been happening, and and the supposedly relatively low mortality rate, it still looks pretty bad.

OK. I think I'm going to bow out here. I think we're arguing at different levels of analysis.

Apparently so. But you said you're 27, I'm assuming you are at least in principle capable of considering, not just the immediate and intended effects of an action, but also some of the unintended or indirect effects. So we could in theory work on similar levels of analysis, if that interested you.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have never wanted one of these more than right now:
1584129739273.jpeg

SANITIZE! SANITIIIIZE!

Washington State has 4 independent deaths (counting the one nursing home as one event) and 270 detected; they are missing 90%+ of their cases.

This is very old information.

Mod Note:

Yeah. Let us keep the dehumanizing humor down, please and thank you. I know black humor is all the rage but there's enough anxiety on the subject as it is.

In his slight defense, there is starting to be a big push for human composting. Personally, I think refraining from pumping formaldehyde into the dead so they look prettier at funerals would be a much bigger step.

Eh, Way of the Four Elements indicated that he is not American and come from a country that has wine production. He may be physically closer to you than you want to recognize.

The US produces a lot of wine, including in my home state of Washington.

Remove ads