• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Did they ever figure out why women of that age category were so predisposed to it compared to men? Was it a biological reason? I feel like it probably wasnt. Im curious though. My intuition says its due to social patterns. Like jobs and proximity to other social functions.
Given that humankind had just finished killing large numbers of men without assistance from a pandemic, it may have been simple probability.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
You're continuing to ignore 2 important facts:

1. Being 27 doesn't mean you'll be fine. You don't know. Outside of a fatality rate, 20% of people with the virus require breathing assistance.

I wish the lying stats would stop. They make this sound way more overblown than it is. 20% of people with the virus do not require breathing assistance.

Given that humankind had just finished killing large numbers of men without assistance from a pandemic, it may have been simple probability.
Aha. So it was due to social factors. Availability drop in men due to war. As i said i had a feeling it would be a difference of social factors and proximity. The men werent around. A heightened percentage were dead due to war. I had forgotten to consider the proximity of that event.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Apparently the hospitals were concrete boxes used for propaganda. Chinese construction not the best and some had no running water or sewage or beds.

So did they technically build them. Yes. Were they what we would call a hospital no.
The Chinese handling of the situation is worrisome. Lots of information is mixed with propaganda. All the supresion of information during the early months and gagging and jailing of doctors isn't very confidence inspiring. (I mean they waited two months and a few hundred patiens to alert the world instead of the 36 hours and three patients my country's government took in 2009)

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Aha. So it was due to social factors. Availability drop in men due to war. As i said i had a feeling it would be a difference of social factors and proximity. The men werent around. A heightened percentage were dead due to war. I had forgotten to consider the proximity of that event.
Wait, wait wait, I'm talking H1N1 back in 2009, not the Spanish Flu in 1918.

Zardnaar

Legend
The Chinese handling of the situation is worrisome. Lots of information is mixed with propaganda. All the supresion of information during the early months and gagging and jailing of doctors isn't very confidence inspiring. (I mean they waited two months and a few hundred patiens to alert the world instead of the 36 hours and three patients my country's government took in 2009)

The Chinese have built ghost cities. The CCP has been pumping money into construction.

So they've created a trillion dollars housing crisis with unlivable buildings. They don't even outfit them. And they're falling apart.

Same approach with the hospitals. They're also trying to blame the USA and Italy while presenting whatshisface as the greatest leader ever.

SerpentZA and ADVchina are covering it on youtube. They lived there for over a decade and left about a year ago due to how crazy it was getting pre virus.

I've seen a NZ freezing works. Compared with China it's comparing apples to a rotten corpse.

slobster

Hero
The Chinese have built ghost cities. The CCP has been pumping money into construction.

So they've created a trillion dollars housing crisis with unlivable buildings. They don't even outfit them. And they're falling apart.

Same approach with the hospitals. They're also trying to blame the USA and Italy while presenting whatshisface as the greatest leader ever.

SerpentZA and ADVchina are covering it on youtube. They lived there for over a decade and left about a year ago due to how crazy it was getting pre virus.
The Chinese ghost cities are fascinating and bizarre, and I've always thought they'd be a fantastic setting for an urban fantasy RPG dungeon crawl. Sure, they LOOK abandoned, but that's just because the things that live there aren't easy for normal mortals to see...

Zardnaar

Legend
The Chinese ghost cities are fascinating and bizarre, and I've always thought they'd be a fantastic setting for an urban fantasy RPG dungeon crawl. Sure, they LOOK abandoned, but that's just because the things that live there aren't easy for normal mortals to see...

Apparently they did the same for these new hospitals. They got them built and dumped a heap of sick people in them with no sanitation in some cases.

slobster

Hero
Apparently they did the same for these new hospitals. They got them built and dumped a heap of sick people in them with no sanitation in some cases.
Yeah from what I've seen they were less hospitals and more "giant concrete boxes to park people in close quarters with questionable sanitation", but I do wish them the best in recovering from the virus. Those hospitals would also be excellent creepy pasta fuel though.

I wonder if I could convince anyone to play a one-shot modern fantasy game taking place in China. Dresden Files RPG maybe? Maybe I'll wait for 5E modern.

Remove ads