• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Experience

Grimhelm

First Post
You mean the Saturday we actually get together here and role play? No thanks! I would much rather play with my friends with characters I have been playing with a DM that has written books and has been running games since he was twelve. ;)

InzeladunMaster

First Post
I imiagine it will all be about 4th edition. I really don't need a convention for that.

Even at GenCon, I didn't even bother with the Wizard's booth. I was more interested in Fantasy Flight Games (new Conan game, Wings of War, Call of Cthulhu), artwork, and so on.

I won't even consider 4th edition until I see the official druid, and even then the edition is likely to be nothing more than a curiosity on my shelf.

Last edited:

BobProbst

First Post
I'd like to but Martie's out of town that weekend.

I spoke with a friend of Craig's who's played 4e with some regularity. He's not bowled over by it but did have some good things to say. I'm definitely interested in the system and not at all opposed to using it in the future.

BTW, John, He apparently just finished running a Traveller (old skool) campaign. I'll let you know if I hear about it starting up again.

Last edited:

thormagni

Explorer
BTW, John, He apparently just finished running a Traveller (old skool) campaign. I'll let you know if I hear about it starting up again.

Thanks Bob. I was pretty underwhelmed by the Traveller 4th edition rules we tried a few years back, but apparently the "new" Mongoose rules are either the classic rules or a very close approximation of them.

I have several iterations: Classic, New Era, 4th edition, T20 and a bunch of the GURPS Traveller stuff.

BobProbst

First Post
They aren't strangers after you play.

I find it exciting. People have such different play styles: it keeps you on your toes, engaged and really pushes you to think differently.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads