D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie Synopsis Namechecks Harpers, Red Wizards, and Neverwinter [UPDATED - MAYBE NOT?]

A précis of the Dungeons & Dragons movie has appeared as part of its copyright registration, confirming it's set in the Forgotten Realms.

The film stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith, Hugh Grant, and Rege-Jean Page.

An ex-Harper turned thief escapes from prison with his partner, a female barbarian, and reunites with a no-talent wizard and a druid new to their team in an effort to rob the cheating conman who stole all their loot from the heist that landed them behind bars, and used it to install himself as the Lord of Neverwinter. Only the traitor is allied with a powerful Red Wizard who has something far more sinister in store.

UPDATE -- Screenrant reported on the same story but has since posted: "Screen Rant has confirmed the below Dungeons & Dragons movie synopsis is not accurate." They haven't said any more or indicated how they've confirmed that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Given the "cheating conman" description, I'm pretty sue the character Hugh Grant is playing is the Lord of Neverwinter.

Ergo someone else is the Red Wizard (who could be female OC).
Valindra Shadowmantle would be a nice antagonist for that movie.

Edit: I think the way Neverember weaseled his way into being the Lord Protector of Neverwinter as some kind of far relative to the lost Alagondar crown is the perfect definition of ''cheating conman''.

Maybe him and the party are in a race to find the lost crown of Nasher Alagondar to crown a new lord of Neverwinter, with Valindra who desire the crown for herself to to give to Szass Tam.

So, I reckon it goes something like this:

• Chris Pine - Ex-harper thief
  • Michelle Rodriguez - Barbarian
  • Hugh Grant - Forge Fletcher, Lord of Neverwinter (high charisma rogue)
  • Regé-Jean Page - Red Wizard*
  • Sophia Lillis - Doric the Druid *
  • Justice Smith - inept Wizard *
  • Chloe Coleman - annoying kid

Or maybe not?

* I've put stars where we don't have any info on the character's gender. Really, those three roles are all interchangeable without more info.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases