D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie Synopsis Namechecks Harpers, Red Wizards, and Neverwinter [UPDATED - MAYBE NOT?]

A précis of the Dungeons & Dragons movie has appeared as part of its copyright registration, confirming it's set in the Forgotten Realms.

The film stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith, Hugh Grant, and Rege-Jean Page.

An ex-Harper turned thief escapes from prison with his partner, a female barbarian, and reunites with a no-talent wizard and a druid new to their team in an effort to rob the cheating conman who stole all their loot from the heist that landed them behind bars, and used it to install himself as the Lord of Neverwinter. Only the traitor is allied with a powerful Red Wizard who has something far more sinister in store.

UPDATE -- Screenrant reported on the same story but has since posted: "Screen Rant has confirmed the below Dungeons & Dragons movie synopsis is not accurate." They haven't said any more or indicated how they've confirmed that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, based upon what you've said in this thread, I think we have a different view on MCU, so will disagree on this, but for me, the gap between "best" and "worst" isn't huge. The "best" (imo) are big, flashy, effects-laden extravaganzas that are fun to watch but ultimately forgettable; the worst are the same, but not quite as fun (but still fun) and even more forgettable. Meaning, they serve their purpose during the two hours of watching (and I might watch the better ones again, a few years later).

Or to put it another way, my favorite MCU film probably Avengers, my least favorite maybe Guardians of the Galaxy. Out of five stars, I'd give the former 4, the latter 2.5, so that's a pretty narrow range. The vast majority of MCU films are in the 3 to 3.5 range.
Guardians of the Galaxy is handily one of my favotimovies of the entire Teens, absolutely iconic of the late Obama administration. We watched it in theaters three times just in August of '14, and I basically never watch movies multiple times in the theatre.

I wouldn't describe a single one of the MCU movies as "forgettable", even the less even ones.

hopeless

Adventurer
I'm not keen on a d&d movie in Faerun, but I'd give my eye teeth for one that demonstrates Neverwinter properly!
Ideally this movie should reveal how Dagult Neverember ended up Lord of Neverwinter and recovering the lost crown is what puts the interloper in charge, but not being a descendant of the royal family is what ultimately thwarts his plans perhaps goaded into donning the crown believing his own hype only to be rejected causing him to flee...

And the aftermath leads into Valindra beseiging Neverwinter would be a fine ending for this movie!

Until Screen Rant clarifies their reason for not believing this I'm going to be happy at the thought they might actually make a movie I'd love to buy on blu ray if only to watch every scene set in Neverwinter!

Laurefindel

Legend
Asuminubg this is true, the absence of cleric telling, though unsurprising that they'd want to evacuate religion, except for an abstract old faith to nature.

hopeless

Adventurer
So there's apparently another casting announced on Screen Rant involved in this movie that they (Screenrant) claimed was somewhat wrong exactly what hasn't been revealed yet but the actress is from the Netflix series someone posted a pic from a few pages earlier will try and relocate the article to link it here.

Here we go!

Last edited:

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases