D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie Synopsis Namechecks Harpers, Red Wizards, and Neverwinter [UPDATED - MAYBE NOT?]

A précis of the Dungeons & Dragons movie has appeared as part of its copyright registration...

A précis of the Dungeons & Dragons movie has appeared as part of its copyright registration, confirming it's set in the Forgotten Realms.

The film stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith, Hugh Grant, and Rege-Jean Page.

An ex-Harper turned thief escapes from prison with his partner, a female barbarian, and reunites with a no-talent wizard and a druid new to their team in an effort to rob the cheating conman who stole all their loot from the heist that landed them behind bars, and used it to install himself as the Lord of Neverwinter. Only the traitor is allied with a powerful Red Wizard who has something far more sinister in store.

UPDATE -- Screenrant reported on the same story but has since posted: "Screen Rant has confirmed the below Dungeons & Dragons movie synopsis is not accurate." They haven't said any more or indicated how they've confirmed that.

hopeless

Adventurer
Just because the movie identifies a Red Wizard as being involved doesn't mean that wizard isn't in disguise of some kind.
Now from what I recall in 3e the Red Wizards were turned into more of a trading group providing particular supplies in return for money and trade in return.
So going by the MMO something happened that led to Valindra invading Neverwinter.
This movie could explain what led to that invasion.
Now I wonder what Screenrant disagreed about?

hopeless

Adventurer
Plus the fact is he's a caster there's nothing stopping him disguising or hiding those tattoos since I doubt they'd need to be revealed until absolutely necessary isn't there?

Plus the fact is he's a caster there's nothing stopping him disguising or hiding those tattoos since I doubt they'd need to be revealed until absolutely necessary isn't there?
Well, he isn't exactly good at keeping secrets the fools will never guess that I am an evil red wizard so long as I keep monologing out loud!

Remove ads

Remove ads